Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Gamecube Kiosk $104 (all I had in my pocket)

Nov 5, 2012 at 10:25:08 AM
SUBSCRIBER
USFLegend (62)
(Adam ) < Kraid Killer >
Florida
Edit: I am curious if anyone else has a game cube kiosk and if it is the one like mine. I am confused on how the controllers attach and not sure if I am missing something there. There is 2 plugs with weird ends inside the kiosk, one comes from this box that lets me set a timer on the kiosk for demo time. The other plug comes from the fan but works without that being plugged in. If you might know anything that can help me get this thing in top shape, just let me know!

Well I got up around 5 am and headed out to a flea market I had never gone to before. It was a little over an hour away north of me called webster flea market in florida. It was pretty dead when I got there because I was too early but I still looked around. I found a guy with some games and noticed he had a gamecube kiosk in the back of his truck. I asked him how much and he said $300. I told him I will have to pass but the thing was amazing to find at a flea market! 

Well I offered him all I had in my pocket and that was $104.00. He said sure and I brought my car around and the journey began. 

I was praying to god it would fit in my car as you can see there is nto a lot of room. I couldn't take it apart as we didn't have the tools for the security bits.

Well we ended up getting it in and it was hanging out about 2 feet. I didn;t get any pictures of it in the car because I was too excited to get it out of the car. Man was this thing heavy!

The shelf looks like it is broken but it is only missing a screw. The one glass peice I am missing a screw so that is why its not in. I got a gamecube from him too but I will have to use my own controllers. The fan and center light works too. I had it light up and then the light ended up going out so I just need a new bulb. Other then that everything is pretty much there as far as I can tell!

If anyone knows the right kind of tv to put in there it would be super helpful and any other information on screw sizes for things and the type of lock it has and all as mine is missing a good amount of the screws, bolts and the lock on the back.

Edited: 11/05/2012 at 11:58 AM by USFLegend

Nov 5, 2012 at 10:27:31 AM
Quack (67)
(Quack Quack) < King Solomon >
Florida
Congrats, nice score!!

-------------------------

Mr Penguin O4 (9:01:18 PM): Quackenguin
SnappleSTG (9:01:28 PM): Pengenbush

Swing by my YouTube channel for a visit, and sub up while you're there! :)

Nov 5, 2012 at 10:35:56 AM
Alder (52)
(Tom B.) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Awesome, I remember playing these at K-Mart. Are there other panels that you can swap out? The "Play it here!" thing?

-------------------------

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of

Nov 5, 2012 at 10:37:40 AM
SUBSCRIBER
USFLegend (62)
(Adam ) < Kraid Killer >
Florida
That is the only panel he had actually. He said he will keep an eye out for the wii one too since I have had no luck. I am not sure if there is anything missing too much on it but I will try to restore it back to perfect shape.

Nov 5, 2012 at 12:38:01 PM
ulasamosa (279)
(James Ulizza) < Bowser >
Ohio
nice score, same one we had @ EB back in the day. There is a store by me selling a complete one for $300 that I keep going back and forth on but still havent pulled the trigger as Im not a huge Gamecube fan.

Nov 5, 2012 at 1:14:28 PM
T3rra (85)
(Terra ) < King Solomon >
Washington
Nice score!

I don't have the model of the TV off hand, as mine is in storage, but here is a picture. It is a 19" Samsung Flat Screen CRT. I have the button cover off mine so I can control the volume and stuff easily.

Nov 5, 2012 at 3:20:44 PM
OutbackPanda (217)
(Bulldog ) < Lolo Lord >
United States
This is my favorite kiosk that I currently own--congrats!!

Nov 5, 2012 at 5:08:15 PM
SUBSCRIBER
USFLegend (62)
(Adam ) < Kraid Killer >
Florida
Have to work tonight so I wasn't able to get much with the kiosk done. Thank you very much on the tv information. Was that the original tv for them? I'm having trouble getting the controllers to mount. Think you can show a picture of yours mounted or unmounted? Wondering if I'm missing something. Thank you guys!

Nov 5, 2012 at 5:33:09 PM
KBcollector (43)

(Josh S) < Lolo Lord >
Kentucky
Sick score, one of the best looking kiosks imo.

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:52:10 PM
slash (0)

(j o) < Tourian Tourist >
Florida
hey USF this is the guy who sold it to you. I have the tv for it and the clamps for the game cube and screw i have them in storage. So if you interested in getting them we can meet up and ill let you have them.ill even throw in the security tips.

also you have the gray boarder backwards the stick is to go in the back of it.

The panel isnt broken. It is like that for you can slide it in to the screws then you have the smaller screw to hold it in place.

Thank you for the business ill let you know if i find a wii one.

i was planning on putting new controllers and hook up wireless controller like the user above this post did.

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:10:01 PM
ulasamosa (279)
(James Ulizza) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Mindl3ss

Nice score!

I don't have the model of the TV off hand, as mine is in storage, but here is a picture. It is a 19" Samsung Flat Screen CRT. I have the button cover off mine so I can control the volume and stuff easily.

The one at the EB I worked at def had a different model tv so there must be variations.  Pretty sure ours was a Samsung as well but the tv was silver, not black.

Nov 5, 2012 at 11:33:17 PM
SUBSCRIBER
USFLegend (62)
(Adam ) < Kraid Killer >
Florida
Originally posted by: slash

hey USF this is the guy who sold it to you. I have the tv for it and the clamps for the game cube and screw i have them in storage. So if you interested in getting them we can meet up and ill let you have them.ill even throw in the security tips.

also you have the gray boarder backwards the stick is to go in the back of it.

The panel isnt broken. It is like that for you can slide it in to the screws then you have the smaller screw to hold it in place.

Thank you for the business ill let you know if i find a wii one.

i was planning on putting new controllers and hook up wireless controller like the user above this post did.

Sent you a pm! Thank you so much for getting in contact with me. Would love to meet up and get this bad boy all together!

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:59:37 AM
SUBSCRIBER
USFLegend (62)
(Adam ) < Kraid Killer >
Florida
Figured I would go ahead and update everyone. I went out and seen NA member, slash, and got a few more things for the kiosk that he found. I am getting close to finished with it. Here are some pictures:

Missing:
-Reset button that sits in the square below the tv
-Glass that the GC console sits on
-1 more controller mount
-tv remote

I will get the other controller mount from slash when he finds it. The tv is the original from the set up. i found one glass place local that will cut the hexagon shape I need and it will be about $55 altogether. When I get more stuff I will update with pictures! Thank you Slash

Edited: 11/12/2012 at 12:02 PM by USFLegend

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:41:33 PM
T3rra (85)
(Terra ) < King Solomon >
Washington
How did I miss that the side things don't go all the way to the floor on yours... that is pretty cool

The piece the Game Cube sits on isn't glass, it is white plexiglass. Do you have the exact measurements you need for it? It should have a hole in the middle about the size of the game cube and four smaller holes that line up with the screw holes on the cube itself. There are four little plastic pegs that sit and hold the whole thing in place.

Nov 12, 2012 at 10:16:50 PM
slash (0)

(j o) < Tourian Tourist >
Florida
No problem the system looks sweet.