Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

I didnt even know what i had when i bought it. 3 dollar game that is worth around 55 and more stuff dirt cheap :P

Sep 22 at 2:16:23 AM
Nes Freak (13)
(Dave ) < Kraid Killer >
California
Every day i go to the thrift store and usually pick up (decently rated) dvds i dont have. but last week they got in some GBC and GBA games. normally this thrift store doesnt get much of anything for gaming.  so i noticed the games in the case and took a few out to buy and left a few.  little did i know that the one i left was the valuble one lol. i didnt think much of it since 95% of gbc games are around 3 to 10 dollers.  i also asked in the back if they had anything. the guy pulled an atari 2600 with some games and controllers out. the atari had a broken power switch so he gave me the atari lot for 3 dollers.  i took it home ordered a new switch off ebay and fixed it.

fast foward a week. the game wendy every witch way was still sitting on the shelf. it had a price tag over it so i though at first it was sabrina the teenage witch. so i decided to get it anyways. once again i didnt know it was worth anything till i decided to look it up today. i paid 3 dollars for it. turns out it was worth around 55.   (all the gba and gbc game were 3 dollars or 2 dollars)

i also found out why this store doesnt get much its cause theres a guy that has every thing put to the side.  that kinda annoyed me since ive asked them to set aside stuff for me but they never do...  just this time he didnt claim his bag of games today.  also... the wendy game wasnt in his bag.  and i just happen to know who their holding the stuff for too. i buy from him he usually gives me good deals.  i just wish he wasnt everywhere XD

So anyways thats my finds for the week  

Sep 22 at 5:30:19 AM
fcgamer (87)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Nice finds!

Give the guys incentive to save for you instead of the other guy...  

-------------------------
-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus
Progress:  300 titles examined out of approximately 2000.

My blog: www.fcgamer.wordpress.com

Sale / Trade Thread (on Famicom World):  http://www.famicomworld.com/forum...

^^^Tons of unlicensed Famicom / Game Boy games, Hu cards, etc for sale.  If something is of interest, you can send me a message here about it, no need to register somewhere else :)  Purchases of $50 or more, receive 10% discount.

Sep 22 at 6:22:55 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Sign Collector Guy (1)
(Benjamin ) < El Ripper >
Iowa
Originally posted by: Nes Freak

Every day i go to the thrift store and usually pick up (decently rated) dvds i dont have. but last week they got in some GBC and GBA games. normally this thrift store doesnt get much of anything for gaming.  so i noticed the games in the case and took a few out to buy and left a few.  little did i know that the one i left was the valuble one lol. i didnt think much of it since 95% of gbc games are around 3 to 10 dollers.  i also asked in the back if they had anything. the guy pulled an atari 2600 with some games and controllers out. the atari had a broken power switch so he gave me the atari lot for 3 dollers.  i took it home ordered a new switch off ebay and fixed it.

fast foward a week. the game wendy every witch way was still sitting on the shelf. it had a price tag over it so i though at first it was sabrina the teenage witch. so i decided to get it anyways. once again i didnt know it was worth anything till i decided to look it up today. i paid 3 dollars for it. turns out it was worth around 55.   (all the gba and gbc game were 3 dollars or 2 dollars)

i also found out why this store doesnt get much its cause theres a guy that has every thing put to the side.  that kinda annoyed me since ive asked them to set aside stuff for me but they never do...  just this time he didnt claim his bag of games today.  also... the wendy game wasnt in his bag.  and i just happen to know who their holding the stuff for too. i buy from him he usually gives me good deals.  i just wish he wasnt everywhere XD

So anyways thats my finds for the week  

Nice grab. Not sure where you are getting the $55 for that game. What am I missing.

http://gamevaluenow.com/gameboy-color/game/wendy-every-witch...

Sep 22 at 6:27:01 AM
Trj22487 (25)
< King Solomon >
New Hampshire
Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

Nice grab. Not sure where you are getting the $55 for that game. What am I missing.

http://gamevaluenow.com/gameboy-color/game/wendy-every-witch...

Just look in recent eBay sold listings

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wendy-Eve...

Sep 22 at 6:59:33 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Sign Collector Guy (1)
Iowa
I did. Averaging it out I put it around 30-35 like GVN. But yeah $55 may be the real high side.

Sep 22 at 7:09:09 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Mega Tank (157)
< Master Higgins >
United States
Either way, to pick it up for $3 is still a real nice deal.

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

FS/FT/FO Here: Click This.

Sep 22 at 7:12:22 AM
Nes Freak (13)
(Dave ) < Kraid Killer >
California

I did. Averaging it out I put it around 30-35 like GVN. But yeah $55 may be the real high side.

well it was 3 dollars so and i was looking at the currectly posted listing on ebay.

Sep 22 at 7:26:17 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Sign Collector Guy (1)
Iowa

well it was 3 dollars so and i was looking at the currectly posted listing on ebay.

So is it a fun game??? :-)

Sep 22 at 8:01:36 AM
Nes Freak (13)
(Dave ) < Kraid Killer >
California

i havent tried it yet i got it just yesterday

Sep 22 at 9:57:47 AM
Nesmaniac (1)
(Matthew Sizemore) < Eggplant Wizard >
Kentucky
Nice finds. Yeah I never pass you a cartridge that I've never seen if it's fairly reasonable because for one thing I like to collect and play most any game & it might be a hidden gem as icing on the cake.

Sep 22 at 10:03:51 AM
Bert (53)
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

i havent tried it yet i got it just yesterday

yes it is a fun game. One of the better Platformers on the GBC. It does that thing metalstorm does with flipping gravity

Sep 22 at 10:12:30 AM
captmorgandrinker (549)
(Throw apples at NESDJ) < Bonk >
Ohio
Pooyan is a nice uncommon Atari title as well.

Sep 22 at 10:18:03 AM
Loxx O))) (11)
(Fat Man Kraid) < King Solomon >
Washington
That Wendy game looks cool, I'll have to check that one out.

Sep 22 at 12:13:22 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Master Higgins >
California
Originally posted by: Bert
yes it is a fun game. One of the better Platformers on the GBC. It does that thing metalstorm does with flipping gravity

It takes a bit to get used to that mechanic. A lot of the platforming puzzles rely on switching back and forth in succession to get past them.

It does remind me of Shantae a bit.

Sep 22 at 12:18:03 PM
Loxx O))) (11)
(Fat Man Kraid) < King Solomon >
Washington
From what you guys are saying it seems like a mix of MetalStorm and VVVVVV... which sounds pretty awesome.

Sep 22 at 12:55:01 PM
Meteor_of_War (16)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts

i also found out why this store doesnt get much its cause theres a guy that has every thing put to the side. 

Oh man that would make my blood boil.

*My NA Seller thread*
*My Local Find's Thread*

Edited: 09/22/2017 at 12:56 PM by Meteor_of_War

Sep 22 at 1:16:09 PM
Bert (53)
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

From what you guys are saying it seems like a mix of MetalStorm and VVVVVV... which sounds pretty awesome.

It is very awesome. I'd go as far as to say I like the art direction better in Wendy than in Metalstorm, probably the only one in that camp though  

Sep 22 at 2:46:33 PM
Nes Freak (13)
(Dave ) < Kraid Killer >
California
Originally posted by: Meteor_of_War

i also found out why this store doesnt get much its cause theres a guy that has every thing put to the side. 

Oh man that would make my blood boil.

indeed it did...

Sep 22 at 3:15:45 PM
SUBSCRIBER
BigHero1006 (17)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Nebraska
Wow!! I never find anything at our Goodwill store. Great Score!!!!

It’s a Nintendo Entertainment System….If I wanted to play Sega I’d call your sister!

Sep 22 at 9:43:28 PM
mydogsrule (156)

(Jonathan Smith) < Lolo Lord >
Tennessee
Wendy Every Witch Way is the only Gameboy Color game I've taken the time to beat, so I obviously found it fun! Great buy on a fun game!!

Edited: 09/22/2017 at 09:43 PM by mydogsrule

Sep 25 at 9:36:33 PM
the tall guy (130)
(Randy the Astonishing) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Cool stuff!

"Meeting internet dudes is what being a dude on the internet is all about!"  ~OSG