Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

PeaPod's Pickups Updated October 4, 2017 (SNES Games)

Aug 10 at 10:23:34 PM
barrelsAndRivets (131)
< Bowser >
California
damn! Very nice. Needs more pictures.

Aug 10 at 10:25:49 PM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
Thanks I'll try to get more pictures up but had to hurry back to work and forgot to take more pictures while I was cleaning everything

-------------------------

Aug 11 at 10:52:39 AM
SUBSCRIBER
arnpoly (92)
(Aaron ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Illinois
It's incredible how you managed to find all that stuff going to a sale advertised like that just as it opened. Around here (and many other places) that stuff would have been long gone.  

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 62
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #63 - Kiwi Kraze
Latest Post - 11/6/17 - #57 - M.C. Kids
--------------------------------------------------
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

Aug 11 at 10:58:06 AM
Loxx O))) (11)
(Fat Man Kraid) < King Solomon >
Washington
How are the screens on those SPs?

Aug 11 at 12:59:12 PM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: arnpoly

It's incredible how you managed to find all that stuff going to a sale advertised like that just as it opened. Around here (and many other places) that stuff would have been long gone.  

It was posted on a website that has classifieds for one city but the town the sale was in was about another 15 minutes away from it. Also it started on a Thursaday which is kind of odd. There was no phone number on the ad to call and try to get there before but someone did knock on their door a day early and was able to take a lot. They had bought everything available for super nintendo. Every nes game and every n64 game. I'm surprised they didn't grab a whole bunch of other stuff too. More for me   From talking to the owner I didn't miss out on too much. There were only 2 super nintendos available and all the games were sports games. I would have picked it all up if the other person hadn't though.

It was surprising but there weren't many people there. Most of the people were trying to find newer stuff. The newest being ps3 and xbox 360. I did help one family pick out a ps2 and a nice collection of games. They didn't know much about what they were buying so it was fun to help out and they seemed very appreciative.

Edited: 08/11/2017 at 01:02 PM by MrPeaPod

Aug 11 at 1:00:37 PM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

How are the screens on those SPs?

The screens are very scratched. These are candidates for some new shells and screens one day down the road. Sadly all of them are AGS-001. I've still never personally seen an AGS-101

Aug 11 at 1:14:01 PM
Loxx O))) (11)
(Fat Man Kraid) < King Solomon >
Washington
Scratches bother me less than dead pixels or discoloration. The SP that someone posted about recently with potential water damage with that big splotch on it? Nope... can't do it. I've got an SP somewhere with a dead pixel in the center of the screen. I had to stop using it.

Aug 30 at 10:26:52 PM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
Found a box of NES games at a garage sale. The owner also had the console but she was trying to sell that seperatelyfor 100$. I asked if I could purchase the games without the console and ended up buying all the games for an average price of $2.63 a game

-king of kings
-ice climber
-super mario 3
-crash `n` the boys street challenge
-world cup
-top gun
-dragon warrior
-superspike v`ball
-bases loaded 3
-gauntlet II
-mario duck hunt
-caveman games
-knight rider
-ivan iversons off road
-battletoads
-mike tysons punch out
-faxanadu
-adventures of dino riki
-rampart

A block away, at another sale, I was digging through a box of old toys and pulled these guys out for 10 cents a piece

Edited: 08/30/2017 at 11:03 PM by MrPeaPod

Sep 09 at 9:53:21 PM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
A friend of mine was giving away his PS2 and PSP collection to his nephew but gave me the go ahead to look through and grab anything I wanted first.

Picked up some quality stuff. All games complete.

PS2
-GrimGrimoire
-Neo Contra
-Killer7 ( He almost begged me to take this one. Haven`t heard anything about it but willing to try it out)
-Metal Slug 4&5
- Ys The Ark of Napishtim
- Xenosaga II ( xenosaga 1 and 3 were the first RPGs I ever completed so I`m really happy to have the trilogy now)

PSP
-Steambot Chronicles Battle Tournament
-Yggdra Union
-Knights in the Nightmare
-Valkyrie Profile Lenneth

Oct 04 at 10:14:09 PM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
I was looking through the local buy and sell website that I check once a week or so and seen the worst worded and confusing ad I had seen in a long time. The seller was having an online garage sale and in one of the pictures I seen in a cardboard box what looked like super nintendo games. I messaged the seller and asked if they still had them to which they said yes and agreed for me to come over and look at them. It was only a couple blocks away from where I live so I walked over right after messading.

When I got to there place I was greeted with "I looked up the prices of these on ebay and don't know if I want to sell them. That donkey kong goes for 100$."

That obviuosly wasn't what I wanted to hear but decided to look through them anyways. I pulled out two games that the owner hadn't previously checked the prices on and we settled on 20$ a piece