Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

PeaPod's Pickups Updated October 4, 2017 (SNES Games)

Jun 18 at 11:10:01 PM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
NEW STUFF ALWAYS THE LATEST POST

I've always kept a personal account of my pickup's but just recently I received a lot of games that mean more to me then any other and I thought that others might enjoy seeing what I get too.

It's my birthday at the end of the month and my parents decided to give me my present early. My parents had sold off all of mine, and my brothers, games in garage sale about 8 - 10 years back. This naturally stung because either myself or one of my brothers would have loved to have those games. Anyways, knowing that I had always wanted to have these games back, my parents, remembering who they sold them to and where they used to live, knocked on the door of thier house to try and by them back. Alas, the old owners of the property had moved away but the new owners did have a phone number to the old property owners. My parents called them up and after hearing the story of what they were trying to do for us, the old house owners shipped up all the NES and SNES games that were bought years ago. 

One of the greatest birthday gifts I've been given. I couldn't be more happy. I ended giving the SNES stuff to my younger brother but I did keep my childhood copies of Super Metroid, Zelda LTTP and Mohawk and Headphone Jack.

I'm not sure why there is a copy of Barbie in there. We've owned it since I was a kid but I never had any sisters.....

Sorry for not having a picture of the SNES stuff but we did own some quality games. Like the ones I previously mentioned plus the donkey kong triology, super mario world, mortal kombat 1 and 2, street fighter, pinocchio, a handful of sports games. I know there was more but they are all at my brothers house now.

Now if only I could find the N64 stuff that mysteriously got stolen from us, I'd die a happy man

Edited: 10/04/2017 at 10:15 PM by MrPeaPod

Jun 19 at 12:02:26 AM
Bert (52)
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Wow that's awesome! Did you ask your parents why you had Barbie? 

-------------------------

Jun 19 at 12:11:05 AM
mydogsrule (156)

(Jonathan Smith) < Lolo Lord >
Tennessee
That's a very cool story. Shadow of the Ninja is a good game. Neat you had that one.

Jun 19 at 10:51:30 AM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
I've just always accepted having Barbie in the mix of games. I would play it with my neice now if it wasn't such a piece of garbage.

I actually traded a copy of Snow Bros. to my neighbour for shadow of the ninja. Not a great trade now but I was happy for it at the time and still am. I've put more hours in shadow of the ninja than snow bros.

Jun 19 at 11:18:28 PM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
I was able to pickup three seperate n64 lots over the past week. (ALL PRICES IN CANADIAN DOLLARS)

The first lot was from a garage sale that had some ps2 and xbox stuff for sale. I asked if they had any older video games that they would be interested in selling. The lady got a little excited and said she has a box of grey nintendo games but didn't think anyone would want them. She went inside and came out with a box full of n64 games.

I offered 50$ which she was more than happy to accept. 

The second lot my sister in law picked up for me. An ad came up on a facebook buy and sell group that said "All N64 games for ten dollars". My sister in law messaged almost right after it was posted saying she would take them. A flood of higher offers came rolling in right after but the seller kept their word and sold them all for 10$.

The third isn't as much as a great pickup or that exciting. There is another collector in my town that I make trades with all the time and he hooked me up with some games I was needing. I traded him an extra copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day and Mario Kart 64 I had for these.

Jun 20 at 12:14:49 AM
Bert (52)
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Great N64 pickups!

Jun 20 at 1:48:34 AM
empire (56)
(Matt ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Homegirl with the N64 had good tastes in games, meanwhile MrPeaPod was playin Barbie as a kid.

SW-6786-5095-2210 -- "the last goal he ever scored, won the Leafs the cup"

Jun 20 at 10:27:27 AM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: empire

Homegirl with the N64 had good tastes in games, meanwhile MrPeaPod was playin Barbie as a kid.

That actually made me laugh out loud  

That lady did have a solid collection of games

Jun 29 at 11:52:05 PM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
A coworker informed me that their neighbour was moving and selling off a bunch of stuff. He ended up getting a ton of PS3 stuff for really cheap and I got this gamecube lot

I paid 40 for the gamecube stuff and the 2 pokemon games. This really helped out my gamecube collection. The only doubles were metroid prime and smash bros which I can easily flip for what I paid. They also sold me the board game Arkham Horror with a bunch of expansions for another 20$

Edited: 07/01/2017 at 02:50 AM by MrPeaPod

Jun 30 at 2:01:17 PM
Brock Landers (43)
< Master Higgins >
Montana
I've never seen a garage sale or facebook post with lots that good. Damn you Montana!

Jun 30 at 2:03:10 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (55)
(Douglas Glover) < King Solomon >
Ontario
Very nice, bud. I need to get off my ass and back out there looking for deals. D;

NEW! Price out your collection at gamevaluenow.com
Developer

Jul 05 at 2:36:01 AM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
Found this really nice lot on a local classifides site that has gmes listed from time to time. The ad with this lot had been on there for over a day so I had thought someone would have already picked it up. Anyways, I messaged the seller asking if the games were still available and I get a response right away saying that "someone was on there way to pick it up but would text me if they never showed up". Later that day I get a message from the seller saying that the first person coming to look at them tried to low ball them and was insulted by it so the games were still available. 

I guess what happened was the first buyer agreed to a price of 900$ CAD for everything but when he came to pick the games up he only brought 600$. Kind of a douchey move to try and pull.

The seller and I texted back and forth for a couple days and we settled on a price of 700$ CAD for the lot

Jul 05 at 5:47:11 PM
Brock Landers (43)
< Master Higgins >
Montana
Damn, obviously most of that goes towards three games, but that's quite the pickup. I literally can't even remember the last time I saw a SNES game on a local listing

Edited: 07/05/2017 at 05:47 PM by Brock Landers

Jul 05 at 6:03:04 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Stryphos (265)
(Yamato Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Nice! Agreed, those three titles make it worth the deal!

Haves     |     Wants

Jul 05 at 7:57:40 PM
SUBSCRIBER
ALTQQ (62)
(Sean W) < Kraid Killer >
British Columbia
Lucky guy! I'm not motivated to search local.

Jul 05 at 10:46:44 PM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
Thanks guys. I literally only needed Earthbound and Mega man 7 but the seller wanted to sell all or nothing. It only took three days and I sold the rest for 650$ in separate lots. Picking up Earthbound and Mega man 7 for 50 dollars is one of the best scores I've had.

I think the seller was the lucky one though. When I went over to his place to pick it up, I seen sitting on his shelf, a sealed gradable quality Mega Man 7. He found it at a garage sale for 5 bucks and was what reminded him off all the games he had hidden in his closet. Sadly the sealed megaman wasn't part of the deal.

Edited: 07/05/2017 at 10:53 PM by MrPeaPod

Jul 06 at 10:11:09 PM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
The seller that just sold me the super nintendo games messaged me and said that he found the box for super mario world and threw it in for free. Even had another copy of mario in it  

Jul 06 at 10:17:13 PM
Bert (52)
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: MrPeaPod

The seller that just sold me the super nintendo games messaged me and said that he found the box for super mario world and threw it in for free. Even had another copy of mario in it  

holy fuckin shit.

Lucky you  

Jul 06 at 10:21:31 PM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Bert

holy fuckin shit. Lucky you  
Thanks man! I normally don't collect boxes but seeing as it was free this one might stay on the shelf.

Jul 06 at 10:24:19 PM
Bert (52)
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

Thanks man! I normally don't collect boxes but seeing as it was free this one might stay on the shelf.

you know that one is tough to find right? 

Jul 06 at 10:29:00 PM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia

I didn't until yesterday. I did a quick google search and was baffled by how much it goes for. Non-players choice boxed is a thing of beauty.

Jul 06 at 10:31:38 PM
Bert (52)
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

I didn't until yesterday. I did a quick google search and was baffled by how much it goes for. Non-players choice boxed is a thing of beauty.

sure is   I paid a pretty penny for mine

Jul 12 at 1:47:06 AM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
Picked this up off of kijiji for 80$ total. The genesis stuff was listed for 50$ but, while picking it up, I asked if they had anything else they wanted to sell. They added the wavebirds and the super nintendo stuff for another 30  

-Genesis Model 1 with 5 controllers. Two ended up not working
All boxed games were complete 
- Rambo III
- Jungle Strike
-Technocop
-Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
-Sonic the Hedgehog
-Columns
-Ms. Pac-Man
-Altered Beast
-NHL 95
-Sonic 2 X2
-Nigel Mansells World Championship Racing
-Joe Montana Football
-Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
-Sonic Spinball
-Sonic 3
-Micro Machines
Loose genesis games
-Batman Forever
-Monopoly
-Forgotten Worlds
-TMNT Tournament Fighters
-Spiderman

Good condition Super Nintendo with no chords
-Beavis and Butthead
-Contra III
-Super Mario All Stars
-Killer Instinct

Four gamecube wavebird controllers with receivers

Edited: 08/02/2017 at 01:31 AM by MrPeaPod

Aug 02 at 1:13:05 AM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
Went to a community garage sale over the weekend and picked up games from two different sellers

Total paid was $42. 

$12 for the gameboy advance stuff.
- Gameboy Advance SP AGS-001
-Super Mario Advance
-Yu-Gi-Oh The Sacred Cards
-Finding Nemo
-Pokemon LeafGreen
-Pokemon FireRed
-Franklins Great Adventure
-Cars
-Mario Kart Super Circuit (Last Mario Kart game I needed to complete the set. Minus the switch remake)
-Super Mario World 2
-Namco Musuem 50th Anniversary
-Megaman Battle Network 3 Blue

$30 for the rest. Really excited to find champions of norrath in the wild. I've wanted to play that for a while. I recently finished return to arms and the baldurs gate games are some of my all time favorites. I'll definitely be diving into that soon.
-Champions of Norrath
-Nintendo Land
-Lord of Arcana
-Dissidia Final Fantasy ( Found out later that there is no game in the case. Bummer)
-Castelian NES
-Solomons Club GB

Edited: 08/02/2017 at 01:22 AM by MrPeaPod

Aug 10 at 10:22:28 PM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
I was browsing through some classified ads and read one titled "Video game garage sale. Everything is 1 dollar". The play n trade had went out of business almost 5 years ago but the former owner had all of the unsold inventory in thier garage and had finally decided to sell it all. The garage sale was about a half an hour away from where I live in the town next to mine but I was at work at the time so I had to drive a total of 2.5 hours to get there. I grabbed my girlfriend from my house on the way through and got to the sale just as they had opened up.

Everything popular or worth anything was sold off during there closing sales but I did manage to get some good stuff.

I picked up the smash bros and windwaker posters for 25$ each.
3 boxes full of ds cases and a total of 75 empty gameboy cases for 15$
14 nes consoles all with either yellowing or a note with some sort of issue for 1$ each. 
-----10 whitened up and play great
-----2 left with some serious cosmetic damage but work great
-----1 with cosmetic damage and no RF output. AV cables still work with it
-----1 completely dead or atleast beyond my repair
5 n64 consoles for 1$ each. All cleaned up and work great
3 original fat ds' for 1$ each. All work great but have some serious scratches
2 ds lites 1$ each. Both had different issues but was able to peice one working ds together from the two non working. Now I have a cool half pink half green hybrid.
3 gba sp's 1$ each. (All are in pretty rough cosmetic shape but they all work)
gameboy player startup disc for 1$
various power adaptors and rca cables for different systems at a 1$ each
101 in 1 sports party megamix. (Going to try and sell off before the hype completely dies on this game. I played it and it's not a bad mini games player)
castle of shikigami III. (This is my third copy now. I have one sealed and another one in rough shape so this will be an upgrade to mine)
Picked up another handful of games for wii and ps2 that I wanted to try playing but aren't pictured

I really didn't feel like loading up with any more consoles than that but there was a literal wall of OG xboxes and ps2 fats available. Also if I was collecting for ps2 or original xbox I could easily of had 3 copies of every sports game and shovelware title I could of ever wanted.

Finding all this for such a good price really fired me up to try and find more stuff in the wild. The long drive was worth it this time.

Edited: 08/30/2017 at 10:28 PM by MrPeaPod