Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

MoW's In the Wild Finds Thread... Updated 10/9

Apr 03 at 10:52:46 AM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: LutherDestroysTheGond

Congrats, that's a great haul

For this area, where good finds are few and far between yes it is!

-------------------------
*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Apr 11 at 7:08:00 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Big haul today.  This one was from someone who contacted me through my FB post looking for video games, but was actually an old friend from when I was a kid.  She sent me the pic and I asked her if she already had a price in mind.  She says $200 and I thought for a second to ask if she could go lower but then decided nah, its good enough for me.  Few games in this lot I've been wanting for a while, like Axelay.   Plus the SNES console is CIB and every game comes with its manual! 

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 04/11/2017 at 07:09 PM by Meteor_of_War

Apr 26 at 10:19:43 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
New OfferUp score today.  Asking price on this N64 lot was $130 and the listing was up for 24 minutes when I saw it, I didn't bother trying to offer less.  Notice the heavy-hitter in the bottom left.

Funny part is, after I sent my offer I messaged the seller to let them know I could meet today ASAP and she replied back "sorry I can't do $100, my price is $130 firm."  Someone actually messaged her right before me trying to get it for $100 and she accidently sent the reply intended for the other buyer to me.  I confirmed this with her when I met her.  Apparently I was the second person to contact her and luckily I offered her asking price!

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 04/26/2017 at 10:21 PM by Meteor_of_War

Apr 28 at 4:34:49 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
This score came from a response to my in search of games post on a local Facebook buy/sell group.  Big lot of mostly common PS1/PS2 and NES, and one semi-rare NES game.  Paid $150 for the lot.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 04/28/2017 at 04:35 PM by Meteor_of_War

May 22 at 3:57:29 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
These are yard sale pickups from the past week. 

Game Boy Pocket and CIB games I got for $35, Fallout 4 was $4.

The N64 and PS2 stuff I got for $80 total. Spread across two pictures because I'm an idiot.

The N64 games minus Mario Kart 64 which I sold before I could take a more organized pic.

Interact Gameshark Pro was in the N64 lot as well.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 05/23/2017 at 11:19 PM by Meteor_of_War

May 23 at 11:22:02 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Unexpected pickup tonight, from Salvation Army of all places.  Nice clean SNES system bundle with Super Mario World for $30.  Haven't had a decent score there in months.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 05/23/2017 at 11:22 PM by Meteor_of_War

Jun 05 at 12:29:51 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Here are my latest local yard sale finds from Saturday morning from a few different houses.  Everything combined totalled $56.  Those two Crucial MX200 SSDs I got for $5 each and they are still sealed in the packaging!  They are easily worth over $100 a piece.  Really dumbfounded on that one, the lady must have raided her son's computer closet.  Best score in a while on those.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Jun 17 at 1:19:30 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Yard sale finds from this morning.  Wasn't a lot of sales in my area today, maybe because of Father's Day weekend, but was still able to find some stuff.  All this for $45!

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Jul 03 at 9:09:18 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Here's my finds from this past weekend.  The Sega Genesis stuff was from someone who contacted me through my in search of games FB post.  It also came with the Game Boy Donkey Kong.  Got the lot for $45.

The GameCube games and Mario Party 9 were all finds at Savers for $2.99 each.  They also had Mario Party 8 there but it was scratched to hell and no manual so I left it.  Sucks, I needed that one too.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 07/03/2017 at 09:10 PM by Meteor_of_War

Jul 15 at 5:13:54 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Hit a few yard sales this morning and this is what I found.  All games were $1 each, Mario Kart wheel was $0.50. 

Nothing too crazy, but I thought it was note worthy because its the first time I ever found Famicom games in the wild.  I'm not great at Japanese but from what I can tell they are Ninja Cop Saizou (Wrath of the Black Manta?) and Majou Densetsu II (or The Maze of Galious??).  Not sure though so if anyone can help out and shed some light it would be much appreciated.  Wish I had a Famicom or clone console that could play them.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 07/15/2017 at 05:19 PM by Meteor_of_War

Jul 18 at 9:35:51 AM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Quick LetGo pick up on Sunday afternoon.  Seller posted an ad offering these games "for free" but then when I messaged her she asks how much would I offer her for them, as she doesn't really know how to sell stuff.  Anyways I simply tell her the games are fairly common, nothing rare or valuable and that she can either research them and come up with an asking price or just let me make an offer.  She messages me back about a minute later and says "$30."  I didn't argue.

Couple games in here I didn't have actually.  So they'll be added into the collection, which is always nice.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 07/18/2017 at 09:36 AM by Meteor_of_War

Jul 21 at 5:20:36 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
OK, so I posted my story from this pick up this morning in the Losers Weepers thread.  Basically I went to an estate sale where I got the NES stuff, but stupid me didn't bring enough cash and missed out on a lot more N64 stuff.  I couldn't manage to get them to hold it for me while I got more money because other interested buyers were right there.  Lesson learned, always bring more cash than you think you'll need.  Better safe than sorry you can always deposit it back in the bank if you don't use it.

Anyways, all the NES stuff I got for $60.  The system didn't come with any hookups so I need to order an AC adapter for it along with a new 72 PIN connector.  The Wii games were thrift store and FB pickups.  Donkey Kong and Zelda from Salvation Army for $6 each, and the Super Paper Mario was a FB marketplace pickup for $5, and it was SEALED!  I opened it though, I don't collect sealed games I like to play my games.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 07/21/2017 at 05:22 PM by Meteor_of_War

Jul 26 at 9:45:31 AM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
I pop into my local Salvation Army thrift store about 3 times per week after work.  Finds are getting less and less there, and a lot of times when I do find something they have it priced way too high.  For example on this recent visit they had Ocarina of Time for $30.  I just refuse to pay Ebay prices at a thrift store, so that was a pass.  BUT, they also had these 8 NES games for $4.99 each.  I asked the manager (who I have built a good repoire with over the years) if he'd give a discount for buying all of them.  He gave me the lot for $25.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Jul 27 at 9:26:32 AM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Its been a good week.  A quick OfferUp pick up during the day yesterday.  This sale for a SNES (console only) and 7 games for $60 was up for a good 9 hours before I responded to it.  Not sure what happened but I guess people in my area were sleeping on this one, or they don't know the value of Boogerman?  Anyways nice score for me I didn't have that game, or Bonkers which is another I've never found in the wild.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 07/27/2017 at 09:26 AM by Meteor_of_War

Jul 27 at 9:34:39 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Sign Collector Guy (1)
(Benjamin ) < Meka Chicken >
Iowa
Originally posted by: Meteor_of_War

Its been a good week.  A quick OfferUp pick up during the day yesterday.  This sale for a SNES (console only) and 7 games for $60 was up for a good 9 hours before I responded to it.  Not sure what happened but I guess people in my area were sleeping on this one, or they don't know the value of Boogerman?  Anyways nice score for me I didn't have that game, or Bonkers which is another I've never found in the wild.

Looks clean!!! Nice grab sir!!  

Jul 27 at 9:41:04 AM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

Thanks!  The console was dirty, I gave it a good wipe down with Soft Scrub before taking the pic.  The games haven't been cleaned yet though, but they're not too bad. 

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Jul 27 at 9:50:19 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Sign Collector Guy (1)
(Benjamin ) < Meka Chicken >
Iowa

Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

Thanks!  The console was dirty, I gave it a good wipe down with Soft Scrub before taking the pic.  The games haven't been cleaned yet though, but they're not too bad. 

I can respect prepping that baby for a photo shoot. I do the same thing. :-)

Jul 29 at 2:57:03 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Here's more pick ups for me, past two days. The N64 system and 8 games in this first pic was yesterday through FB. Woman contacted me asking to sell for $80. I told her I was interested and to please test the system to make sure its working. She replies back that its not powering on. I tell her to try reinserting the power cable and try again, but she can't get it working. She tells me I can have it for free if I still want the games. We settled on $50. When I got it home and cleaned it up it worked just fine! It was dirty as hell though, so maybe some gunk was causing the power cable to not connect fully. Nice score there!

Stuff in this pic are yard sale finds from this morning. Xbox One controller was $7. N64 games with storage box was $12. The PS1, PS3, and Wii games were $1 each. The Playing with Power hardcover book was $5 and is still sealed!

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Aug 05 at 1:58:59 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Bought a nice sized NES lot last night from a guy on FB.  Most valuable game in the lot probably being Ninja Gaiden 3.  He said he wanted to make a quick sale, all of this for $300.  Interesting, because he said he just got an NES Classic and hacked it to hold all the NES library so he doesn't need his physical games and system anymore.  OK by me.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 08/05/2017 at 02:01 PM by Meteor_of_War

Aug 12 at 9:49:12 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Here's my sole yard sale pick up for the weekend. I actually decided not to go hunting this morning, simply because I had too much other stuff that I needed to do. But, on the way home from my morning errands (at 11AM, no less) I drove right past a yard sale and just felt compelled to check it out since the guy looked about my age (late 30's/early 40's). They didn't have any games out with their stuff, so naturally I asked if they had any old video games to sell. The guy says, "Eh, not anything good. Just about a dozen Super Nintendo games in a Nintendo carrying bag up in my attic, but didn't think anyone would want them." LOL, trying to contain my excitement I calmly tell him I'm definitely interested if he wouldn't mind getting them. Got all this for $20.

This guy said he also has Sega Genesis and Sega CD stuff up in his attic but he needs to find it. I gave him my contact info so hopefully he'll call me.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 08/12/2017 at 09:50 PM by Meteor_of_War

Aug 13 at 10:06:08 AM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Well, yesterday turned out to be a great Super Nintendo day.  After the yard sale lot, later last night I was contacted by the guy I bought the big NES lot off last week and he asked if I was interested in Super Nintendo.  He wanted to sell this stuff quickly because he needed money to go to Comic Con today.  Got everything for $240, but the SupaBoy S was a free throw in since the charger port is broken.  Need to figure out what I'm going to do with it.  Probably just sell it as broken for parts.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 08/13/2017 at 10:06 AM by Meteor_of_War

Sep 20 at 1:43:06 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Its been a while since I have picked up anything worthwhile locally.  Been mostly Ebay pickups over the past month which I do not post in this thread.  I did scoop up some good deals on common Genesis and NES stuff here and there through OfferUp, but didn't feel compelled to post them.  However yesterday I got a pretty nice haul of Wii/Wii U stuff through a freshly made Craigslist post.  Not the best deal ever but definitely good value for what's included.  Everything you see here for $260:

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 09/20/2017 at 01:44 PM by Meteor_of_War

Sep 22 at 5:28:13 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Just got back with this pick up. Everything you see here for a 10 minute drive and $60. A lady contacted me through my FB in search of games post offering to sell her kids' old stuff. I asked her if she had a price in mind for everything and she just said $60 for it all. I bought the entire lot just to get Castlevania Chronicles. Amazingly all the disks are in great condition! The pink Game Boy Advance SP is actually my very first AGS-101 found in the wild. Unfortunately its kinda beat up.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 09/22/2017 at 05:29 PM by Meteor_of_War

Oct 09 at 3:19:06 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Here's my most recent local pickup.  This seller contacted me through my FB marketplace post and was looking for offers on his old collection.  He told me he did research of the value and knew what everything was worth.  I just made one offer of $350 for all and he took it.  Glad he did because I didn't have the money to go any higher.  Paid up a bit more than usual on this one but I am happy with it.  I'll be adding about 10 new games into my collection and this is my first top loader found in the wild.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 10/09/2017 at 03:22 PM by Meteor_of_War