Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

MoW's In the Wild Finds Thread... Updated 10/9

Nov 4, 2016 at 9:39:11 AM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Got a decent pickup last night that I thought was worthy of bumping the thread for.  See attached pic.

Couple weeks back I made a FB post to my friends/family asking if anyone had any old video game stuff they'd like to find a new home for.  I got a few little things here and there since, but yesterday got a call from an old friend looking to get rid of the last of his 16-bit generation stuff.  He had sold or traded away most of his collection over the years, and this was what he had left and he let it go to me for a decent price.  Says he might even still have the original boxes for the consoles in his attic as well and he's checking for me tonight. 

Unfortunately he hasn't been able to locate any of the controllers, and he's missing the hookup cables for the Genesis stuff.  I will most likely sell off the consoles, but I never had a 32x so I'm looking forward to playing with that for a bit before I decide what to do with it.

-------------------------
*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 11/04/2016 at 09:40 AM by Meteor_of_War

Nov 4, 2016 at 3:20:10 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Hey guys I've got a few questions about the Genesis model 2 and 32x that I just got.  I'm a little confused about what I need for cables to hook up this Frankenstein setup since all it came with was that short cable that goes from the 32x to the Genesis.  I still need an AV cable and 2x power adapters for the Gen model 2 and 32x. 

My first main question is about the power adapters for the Gen model 2 and 32x.  They are different than the Gen model 1 power adapter, correct?  But I can use the same type for both the model 2 and 32x? 

Second question, I can't use an RF switch video cable with the 32x setup right?  It looks like I need the AV composite.  That would just be the normal one you would get for a Genesis model 2? 

I appreciate the guidance.  I always just had a Genesis model 1 and never a 32x and I want to make sure I order the right cables.  If you really want a virtual cookie you can just post up some Amazon/Ebay links to the actual cables I need.  That would really be helpful. 

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 11/04/2016 at 03:21 PM by Meteor_of_War

Nov 4, 2016 at 7:22:54 PM
XanderEnth (0)

< Little Mac >
Originally posted by: Meteor_of_War

Hey guys I've got a few questions about the Genesis model 2 and 32x that I just got.  I'm a little confused about what I need for cables to hook up this Frankenstein setup since all it came with was that short cable that goes from the 32x to the Genesis.  I still need an AV cable and 2x power adapters for the Gen model 2 and 32x. 

My first main question is about the power adapters for the Gen model 2 and 32x.  They are different than the Gen model 1 power adapter, correct?  But I can use the same type for both the model 2 and 32x? 

Second question, I can't use an RF switch video cable with the 32x setup right?  It looks like I need the AV composite.  That would just be the normal one you would get for a Genesis model 2? 

I appreciate the guidance.  I always just had a Genesis model 1 and never a 32x and I want to make sure I order the right cables.  If you really want a virtual cookie you can just post up some Amazon/Ebay links to the actual cables I need.  That would really be helpful. 

1. Yes and Yes
  2. As long as it uses a Model 2 video plug, it should work.

Nov 5, 2016 at 7:48:16 AM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: XanderEnth

1. Yes and Yes
  2. As long as it uses a Model 2 video plug, it should work.

Hey thanks. So then looks like I do need to buy two model 2 power adapters.

As for the video cable, I guess there are also special RF switches exclusive to the model 2 Genesis. I have an extra model 1 RF switch but that one doesn't seem to fit. I'll just order a model 2 AV cable.

Damn, considering I also have a Sega CD that's a lot of cables.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Nov 6, 2016 at 9:53:46 AM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Hey check it out my buddy found all the boxes!

This good deal has now turned into a great one!

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 11/06/2016 at 09:54 AM by Meteor_of_War

Nov 8, 2016 at 1:18:12 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
New pickup today.  These are from another old friend, donated to me at no cost!  He may have more stuff but needs to look around.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 11/08/2016 at 01:18 PM by Meteor_of_War

Nov 21, 2016 at 3:15:38 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
New finds from this week. 

On another forum I was discussing game collecting with a few guys and this really generous dude chimed in saying he's got his old FFIII for the SNES that he's willing to just give away if anyone wants it as its the last game he still owns.  I was the only one that didn't have it anymore (sold my original copy few years back).  He shipped it out to me the next day, what an awesome guy!

Then, I made a FB post to friends and family a few weeks back asking if anyone has any of their old video games they don't want anymore and would like to make a few bucks.  My wife's cousin called me last night saying she'll give me her old PS2 games for free.  All complete with manuals in good condition.  Score!

Man, I have reaped a ton of stuff already simply from making that FB post that I made on a hunch.  Never dawned on me how many people probably still have old video games stored away and they'd be willing to let them go if you just ask.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 11/21/2016 at 03:19 PM by Meteor_of_War

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:09:48 AM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Another find last night.  Scored at my local Savers store, which I don't usually check simply because its not on my daily route like Salvation Army is. 

After browsing the sad and pathetic games section which was just scratched up sports games and guitar hero stuff as per usual, I made my way over to the glass cases and found an original Playstation haphazardly placed on it's side with the cables thrown in a big rat's nest.  Had the girl take it out for me and plugged in it at the register to make sure it powered on which it did.  Pretty nice condition too, just a bit scratched on one of the back corners.  Also popped open the disc door and there was a game inside, Twisted Metal 3!  Unfortunately its scratched to hell and the game wont load.

They had it priced at $14.99 with the two controllers priced separately for $1.99 a piece but I got the manager to give it all to me including the controllers for $14.99.  Got it home, cleaned it up a bit, took the price stickers off and played a few of my old PS1 games and now wondering what I want to do with it.  I sold my original PS1 years ago since the PS2/PS3 is backwards compatible and it became redundant, but this thing just oozes nostalgia for me.  I really don't need it or have the space for it along side all my other consoles but I kind of want to keep it.  I guess I'll think it over a bit.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 11/23/2016 at 10:10 AM by Meteor_of_War

Dec 2, 2016 at 8:58:24 AM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
This one today is a Craigslist find from one town over.  Guy was asking $275 for the lot but I talked him down to $250 because some carts had label damage and permanent marker on them (which was tough to get off since its the paper N64 labels).  Overall pretty happy with this haul.  I'm going to keep about 8 games from the lot to add to my collection and the rest along with the console will go up for sale/trade. 

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Dec 2, 2016 at 9:08:21 AM
tbone3969 (56)
< El Ripper >
United States
Nice finds

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Edited: 12/02/2016 at 09:09 AM by tbone3969

Dec 2, 2016 at 9:10:52 AM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: tbone3969

Nice finds

Thanks.  Craigslist around here has been pretty good as of late.  Couple nice ads going on right now, problem is sellers on Craigslist in general have awful communication etiquette and are horribly non-responsive.  Can be frustrating at times.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 12/02/2016 at 09:11 AM by Meteor_of_War

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:07:34 AM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Picked up a couple games at my local Savers last night. Got RE4 and Shadow of the Colossus for PS2 (both complete) for $2.99 each.  They also had about a dozen or so non sports Xbox games on the shelf.

It would seem unlike my local Salvation Army store, Savers still prices all games exactly the same. Sal Army has been obviously pricing their games based on current Ebay pricing. Hopefully Savers doesn't catch on for a while.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 12/07/2016 at 11:10 AM by Meteor_of_War

Dec 29, 2016 at 9:38:44 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Been a little while since I've picked up anything really worth mentioning but today got a pretty nice score.  Found this lot on OfferUp and just as it popped up I was on it.  I think Demon's Crest is the only one from the lot I'm going to keep, as I have nearly everything else.  When you work out what I payed and what I will sell the rest for I essentially get Demon's Crest for free! 

This is how its done.   Too bad I couldn't find deals like this everyday.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 01/19/2017 at 10:59 AM by Meteor_of_War

Jan 13 at 2:15:37 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
New pick up from this week.  This one also came from a local ad on OfferUp, about 20 miles north of me. Nintendo Action Set console with Mario/Duck Hunt, and 16 additional games for $100:

Keeping 5 of these commons which I needed.  The rest is up for sale.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 01/13/2017 at 02:16 PM by Meteor_of_War

Jan 26 at 5:32:27 PM
Bert (52)
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

I know, old post, sorry for the bump, but there's a power cord you can get specifically made for the Genesis/32x/CD monstrosity with one plug, and three Jack's that go into the three consoles. Don't recall the name right now but it can't be that hard to find I'm sure

Jan 26 at 5:46:44 PM
SUBSCRIBER
darkchylde28 (8)
(Doug ) < El Ripper >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: BertBerryCrunch

I know, old post, sorry for the bump, but there's a power cord you can get specifically made for the Genesis/32x/CD monstrosity with one plug, and three Jack's that go into the three consoles. Don't recall the name right now but it can't be that hard to find I'm sure

It's called the Sega "Trio" AC Adapter, is manufactured/distributed by Retro Game Cave and can be read up on here.  Unfortunately, since learning about these last year after finally getting my hands on a Sega CD and 32X, I've never, ever seen them actually be in stock.  I've seen some prominent YouTubers review and rate them, though, so perhaps it's an issue of too much demand and too little supply akin to what HD Retrovision is experiencing with their component cables.

Need Stadium Events + Panesian titles, 6-in-1's, Menace Beach, Moon Ranger & Secret Scout to complete my licensed/unlicensed sets.

If you've got any of the above for sale, hit me up!

Jan 26 at 6:56:53 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts

Hey thanks for thinking of me and trying to help out. I wasnt aware of that cable.

It's no use now though, as I ended up selling my 32x here on the forum back in November. There just wasnt any games in the system's library that interested me.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Jan 26 at 7:12:49 PM
Bert (52)
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

Hey thanks for thinking of me and trying to help out. I wasnt aware of that cable.

It's no use now though, as I ended up selling my 32x here on the forum back in November. There just wasnt any games in the system's library that interested me.

no problem! I believe they still work with just the Genesis/CD without the 32x as well, so at least it still eliminates one power source

Mar 17 at 10:26:02 AM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Its been a couple months since I've made a pick up post and in that time I've only found a handful of decent stuff from my local thrift stores and ad sites.  These aren't including any Ebay or retro game store purchases I've made recently, just "out in the wild" type finds.  I can remember when I'd find stuff like this on a weekly basis, but now this is a collection from two months long of checking thrift stores and Craigslist/Offer Up ad sites.  I may start broadening what I collect, because the gaming platforms I look for are just not available for cheap anymore.  Really looking forward to outdoor flea market and yard sale season to start up again because thrift stores have been DRY AS HELL.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 03/17/2017 at 10:27 AM by Meteor_of_War

Mar 17 at 1:33:01 PM
LastCat (54)
(Top Cat) < El Ripper >
Puerto Rico

Its been a couple months since I've made a pick up post and in that time I've only found a handful of decent stuff from my local thrift stores and ad sites.  These aren't including any Ebay or retro game store purchases I've made recently, just "out in the wild" type finds.  I can remember when I'd find stuff like this on a weekly basis, but now this is a collection from two months long of checking thrift stores and Craigslist/Offer Up ad sites.  I may start broadening what I collect, because the gaming platforms I look for are just not available for cheap anymore.  Really looking forward to outdoor flea market and yard sale season to start up again because thrift stores have been DRY AS HELL.

Nice you got Strikers 1945! If I'm not mistaken this is actually Strikers 1945 II in Japan. I'm also on the lookout for this one.

Mar 17 at 2:14:08 PM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: LastCat

Nice you got Strikers 1945! If I'm not mistaken this is actually Strikers 1945 II in Japan. I'm also on the lookout for this one.

Yeah man Strikers 1945 was an amazing score and definitely my best thrift store find in a while. Paid $4 for it.

Ive been meaning to pick up the Japanese Saturn import now I'm glad i didn't.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 03/17/2017 at 02:14 PM by Meteor_of_War

Apr 02 at 8:59:17 AM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
VERY nice pickup yesterday at my local Savers thrift store.  I regularly go in there in the late afternoon on my way home from work but yesterday I tried in the morning, about 30 minutes after they opened.  These games were sitting untouched on the games shelf for $2.99 a piece, next to all the sports and guitar hero crap.  They are all complete except Metroid Prime was missing the manual.  The GameCube was $9.99.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 04/02/2017 at 09:00 AM by Meteor_of_War

Apr 02 at 9:12:30 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Mega Tank (156)
< Master Higgins >
United States
Awesome!  

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

FS/FT/FO Here: Click This.

Apr 03 at 9:58:37 AM
Meteor_of_War (15)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Thanks, yeah I was pretty happy. I wanted Megaman X Collection for my GameCube collection, and didn't want to pay retail for it.

Always good to find something for cheap in the wild that I've been wanting.

*My Local Find's Thread*
*My NA Buyer's thread*

Edited: 04/03/2017 at 09:59 AM by Meteor_of_War

Apr 03 at 10:46:54 AM
LutherDestroysTheGond (69)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Congrats, that's a great haul

WTB:
Xyanide - Xbox - manual