Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

MoW's In the Wild Finds Thread... Updated 11/4

Oct 17, 2016 at 11:19:11 AM
Meteor_of_War (16)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
ATTENTION: SEE LATEST POSTS FOR MOST RECENT PICK UPS.

I really like this section of NA.  Its great to check in every few days to see what other members managed to find out in the wild to bring back and add to their collections, or to use as trade fodder.  Quickly becoming my favorite part of the forum.

Going to start my own thread now since over the past weekend I scored a nice little treasure of my own.  But the difference is I actually rediscovered some of my own stuff from 20 years ago that I completely forgot about!  My parents have been sorting through their stuff consolidating and throwing away old junk and there was a box labeled "SEGA" that I apparently left behind when I moved out back in 2003.  I cannot remember if I left it willingly with the intention of coming back for it at some point, or if I just totally forgot it when I moved.  I did remember having all this stuff but I honestly completely forgot about it and thought it was gone forever, until now. 

So unlike my treasured Kenner Star Wars toy collection that my mom donated to the Salvation Army all those years ago, she did manage to hold onto the rest of my childhood video games.  Now I have almost everything back.  They just need a good cleaning and will be reunited with the rest.

-------------------------
*My NA Seller thread*
*My Local Find's Thread*

Edited: 11/04/2017 at 08:58 PM by Meteor_of_War

Oct 17, 2016 at 11:26:56 AM
phillip1b (6)
(Phil ) < Crack Trooper >
Michigan
Very nice! Looks like you took good care of everything as a kid.

Oct 17, 2016 at 11:29:10 AM
LutherDestroysTheGond (74)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Great find! It's awesome that you still have stuff from when you were younger. Nothing in this hobby really beats the feeling of still owning stuff for that long. I started my own Finders Keepers thread in a similar fashion when I found stuff at my Mom's that I thought she had sold in garage sales.

Congrats!

WTB:
Xyanide - Xbox - manual
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Oct 17, 2016 at 11:37:59 AM
Meteor_of_War (16)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Thanks!

Actually if you were to look more closely everything was caked in a fine brown dust. The box was stacked on top of a pile of other boxes in the basement, but the top of the box wasn't sealed. I don't remember why I didn't seal it but my mistake allowed dust to get in over the years. I spent all day yesterday cleaning everything though and its all back to its former glory! Biggest issue was the Genesis cartridge port. It had some nasty corrosion in there, but a few penetrations with sand paper wrapped around a credit card cleaned it off and it works fine now.

I am missing a few odd games though. I know I had more Genesis and Saturn games but I guess they are lost in time.  At least I still have the Albert Odyssey though.

*My NA Seller thread*
*My Local Find's Thread*

Edited: 10/17/2016 at 11:39 AM by Meteor_of_War

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:02:19 PM
Bert (53)
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Nice D

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:07:53 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Stryphos (270)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
That's great! Always fun to find old stuff that you thought was forever lost. I didn't know a single person growing up that had a sega cd. So yeah for you to have a Genesis, CD AND Saturn you must've been a Sega man indeed!  

Haves     |     Wants

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:19:11 PM
Meteor_of_War (16)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Stryphos

That's great! Always fun to find old stuff that you thought was forever lost. I didn't know a single person growing up that had a sega cd. So yeah for you to have a Genesis, CD AND Saturn you must've been a Sega man indeed!  

Funny you mention this because I was always that one kid on the school yard that was not arguing which was better, Nintendo or Sega. I actually thought both were great in their own right and owned both.  I had a Master System as well but I sold that years ago.  Obviously  I didn't include the light phaser gun in that sale at the time though since it was in this lost stash.

And no I wasn't a little rich kid, I only got stuff on birthdays and Christmas, and whatever else I got was using my own earned money.  I just focused all my efforts on video games, as a typical 80's kid!

*My NA Seller thread*
*My Local Find's Thread*

Edited: 10/17/2016 at 12:21 PM by Meteor_of_War

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:33:36 PM
MrClutch (161)
(Ron W) < King Solomon >
Minnesota
Awesome! Getting your old stuff back is something you can never really find or buy so that's really cool that you were able to get it back so many years later.

Let me remove the eggplant curse.

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:50:28 PM
jonebone (527)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Did the previous own write their name on the backs in marker?

Kidding, nice way to rekindle your youth!

WTB Sealed & CIB Mint Games!
NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16

Now Playing: Mario Rabbids Kingdom (Switch)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:56:00 PM
Meteor_of_War (16)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: jonebone

Inside joke?  Maybe I'm dense but I don't get that one. 

*My NA Seller thread*
*My Local Find's Thread*

Oct 17, 2016 at 1:53:43 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Noice

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:13:42 PM
Meteor_of_War (16)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
I'm tempted now to start buying Saturn games but holy hell they are expensive.  Especially since I'm a big Shmup fan. 

Not sure what I'm going to do right now, maybe try for the cheaper Japanese imports.  Really should stay focused on what I'm currently collecting but those prices keep climbing.

*My NA Seller thread*
*My Local Find's Thread*

Edited: 10/17/2016 at 05:14 PM by Meteor_of_War

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:51:07 PM
Nirvana (1)
(Kori Winstead) < King Solomon >
Louisiana
Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter <3

Oct 17, 2016 at 7:31:10 PM
GreatGadon (3)
(Robert ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
Let me fix this post for you OP:

Title: I scored in my parent's house!

Body: I found some of my old gaming stuff at my parent's house this weekend. SEGA reference before I dip (see images)

All joking aside congrats on being reunited with some old friends  

Oct 17, 2016 at 8:54:49 PM
Dragonight (0)
(D williams) < Tourian Tourist >
Louisiana
Thats awsome glad you found them and they didn't make it to a yard sale... no wait I wish they did make it to a yard sale that i was at oh doggie! Grats again on your rescore

Oct 17, 2016 at 9:42:03 PM
TheFinder (34)
< Kraid Killer >
Illinois
That's really awesome that you found the stuff you used to own! Maybe there are more goodies hidden away in a box somewhere, since you said you were missing some games.

To the Finder...
The Isle of Koholint is but an illusion...
Human, monster, sea, sky...
A scene on the lid of a sleeper's eye...
Awake the dreamer, and Koholint will vanish much like a bubble on a needle...
Cast-away, you should know the Truth!

My FS/WTB threads: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Oct 17, 2016 at 9:49:07 PM
Nes Freak (13)
(Dave ) < Kraid Killer >
California
exelent! its fun residocering stuff   heck ive forgotten about thing i have with in my own collection lol

Oct 17, 2016 at 11:20:11 PM
MrWunderful (260)
(AKA MrWarmonger ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: Meteor_of_War

I'm tempted now to start buying Saturn games but holy hell they are expensive.  Especially since I'm a big Shmup fan. 

Not sure what I'm going to do right now, maybe try for the cheaper Japanese imports.  Really should stay focused on what I'm currently collecting but those prices keep climbing.

Saturn collecting isnt for the faint of heart. And just so you know, a bunch of the sought after import shmups (radiant silvergun, etc. ) are super pricey. 

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:39:32 AM
Meteor_of_War (16)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Saturn collecting isnt for the faint of heart. And just so you know, a bunch of the sought after import shmups (radiant silvergun, etc. ) are super pricey. 

Oh yeah I've been checking out pricing. I figure if i really want them i could swing a game a month and not let it affect my other collecting. Not like I'm going for a full complete set.

*My NA Seller thread*
*My Local Find's Thread*

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:54:24 PM
BouncekDeLemos (79)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Master Higgins >
Florida

There are some people who wrote their names on backs of their games. Usually people would pick up a score somewhere and find random names on carts. You'll see a lot on carts more than anything.

The joke was that the games were in your possession to begin with, so there would be no need for the previous owner to have written their name on the cart since that owner is you (that, and it seems you took real good care of them).

In other words, he was being innocently facetious. He knew you were the original owner, but was joking around with ya a bit.  

Awesome find btw. Sega Saturn has to be one of my favorite consoles.   

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Oct 18, 2016 at 7:10:15 PM
Meteor_of_War (16)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: BouncekDeLemos

There are some people who wrote their names on backs of their games. Usually people would pick up a score somewhere and find random names on carts. You'll see a lot on carts more than anything.

The joke was that the games were in your possession to begin with, so there would be no need for the previous owner to have written their name on the cart since that owner is you (that, and it seems you took real good care of them).

In other words, he was being innocently facetious. He knew you were the original owner, but was joking around with ya a bit.  

Ahh OK yeah that's what I initially thought he meant but didn't think it was that obvious. Thought maybe I was missing something deeper about it. Sorry for ruining it haha.

Yeah the Saturn is a really cool, well built console. Only annoying thing being the battery. Had to change the one in mine obviously as its been in there for 20 years. But yeah too bad the PS1 and N64 overshadowed it and we didn't get a lot of the great games over here in the west that came out in Japan.

*My NA Seller thread*
*My Local Find's Thread*

Oct 18, 2016 at 7:20:08 PM
BouncekDeLemos (79)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Master Higgins >
Florida

Originally posted by: BouncekDeLemos

Ahh OK yeah that's what I initially thought he meant but didn't think it was that obvious. Thought maybe I was missing something deeper about it. Sorry for ruining it haha. Yeah the Saturn is a really cool, well built console. Only annoying thing being the battery. Had to change the one in mine obviously as its been in there for 20 years. But yeah too bad the PS1 and N64 overshadowed it and we didn't get a lot of the great games over here in the west that came out in Japan.

Na, you didn't ruin anything. lol 

Yeah, the battery thing is annoying. I've played Nights Into Dreams a LOT back then (Love that game), and got real high scores and made straight A's on all levels... until the battery died and I lost everything. >:T

Oh well. Even though there might not be as much games here than in Japan, there were still a lot of good games on the system. Best games I've played on it were Virta Fighter 2, Sega Rally Championship, Bug, Clockwork Night, Nights into Dreams, Sonic Jam, Daytona USA... so many to list. haha

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:51:38 PM
Meteor_of_War (16)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Just ordered myself a copy of Layer Section from overseas. Figured it was a relatively cheap import to start out with. Grabbed an action replay cart as well.

Now hopefully it arrives sometime before Thanksgiving.

*My NA Seller thread*
*My Local Find's Thread*

Oct 19, 2016 at 12:46:37 PM
the tall guy (130)
(Randy the Astonishing) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Sweet!

"Meeting internet dudes is what being a dude on the internet is all about!"  ~OSG 

Oct 19, 2016 at 12:51:57 PM
Meteor_of_War (16)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Nobody else found it strange that I had three SNES games packed away with my Sega stuff?  I sure did.

I had been looking for those games for a while now, and even rebought the Street Fighter II Turbo.  Guess one of them will be going up for sale now.

*My NA Seller thread*
*My Local Find's Thread*