Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Finders Keepers--Non gaming edition Post random "non gaming" stuff you find here

Jun 06 at 5:19:22 PM
The Book Crusader (1)
(Marcus Anderson) < Little Mac >
Virginia
I had an excellent haul over the weekend. Not only did I stop at every yardsale I could find, I also went to several thrift stores (including 7 Goodwills and two Salvation Armies) as well as the Tri-Cities Flea Market and the Bargain Hunters store in Bristol, Tennessee for a sale/parking lot yard sale. Among the things I purchased include: 
  • An Xbox 360 with keyboard and 5 games—Dead Island, Escape Dead Island, and three Call of Duty Games (I plan to sell the Call of Duty Games) for $35
  • A box of Trolls for 50 cents a piece
  • 3 Mad Magazine tin signs (Alfred Eats Corn; Who Needs You?; Spy vs Spy) for $9 a piece
  • A boxed Wolverine Spy action figure for $9
  • A Skylanders Head Rush figure still in box
  • An out-of-box Imaginext Dragonzord with Dragon Dagger and Tommy for $7
  • 5 classic issues of Archie Comics and a Bartman comic for a buck a piece
  • A giant plush Pink Ranger for $2 and a boxed Nick Fury Disney Infinity figure for a $1.50

I don't know how to post images, but if I figure it out, I will post some of my various great finds. 

-------------------------
In loving memory of my Stump Smash (Giants version) figures—recieved sometime in June of 2017, foolisly sold on June 16, 2017 after assuming that I had another Stump Smash (Giants version) at home. Spoiler alert: I did have another Stump Smash...but he was the Spyro's Adventure version!

Let this be a lesson to all: always check the color on the bottom of the figure, because a non-duplicate can slip away from even a guy with autism who meticulously sorted through every single figure he owned for duplicates. 

Edited: 06/06/2017 at 05:20 PM by The Book Crusader

Jun 26 at 8:44:47 PM
The Book Crusader (1)
(Marcus Anderson) < Little Mac >
Virginia
I finally successfully completed a transaction on the letgo app. This $2 Disney Infinity Falcon (never been opened). It was a great transaction. I successfully set up a meeting place (library) with the woman I was buying it from, meet up with her there, and did the transactionall without speaking one word (since I have autism, this is a huge positive). Even better, I went into the library and discovered a fill a bag up with books for $1 sale. I managed to fit 49 books of various sizes into one plastic grocery bag. I'm that good.

I got something else today, as well:

Meet Zach (orange) and Trini (gray). My other cat (Tommy) also had three kittens last night. Hard to believe how fast I went from having one cat to six.

In loving memory of my Stump Smash (Giants version) figures—recieved sometime in June of 2017, foolisly sold on June 16, 2017 after assuming that I had another Stump Smash (Giants version) at home. Spoiler alert: I did have another Stump Smash...but he was the Spyro's Adventure version!

Let this be a lesson to all: always check the color on the bottom of the figure, because a non-duplicate can slip away from even a guy with autism who meticulously sorted through every single figure he owned for duplicates. 

Edited: 06/28/2017 at 12:39 AM by The Book Crusader

Jul 01 at 7:14:15 PM
Applehead (9)
(Carey Frazier) < Little Mac >
South Carolina
I had some nice luck at my local flea market today. At one vendor I picked up a box of 23 unopened star wars figures from 1996-1999 for $12. At another I got some 1980s comic books and a box of 1990s happy meal toys and matchbox cars all for $5.

Edited: 07/01/2017 at 07:17 PM by Applehead

Jul 11 at 5:05:25 PM
damcanadian (17)
< Little Mac >
Washington
4.99 goodwill find.

Edited: 07/11/2017 at 05:08 PM by damcanadian

Jul 11 at 5:22:15 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Mega Tank (157)
< Master Higgins >
United States
Originally posted by: damcanadian

4.99 goodwill find.

Niiiiice!  

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

FS/FT/FO Here: Click This.

Jul 21 at 11:53:46 PM
Lksoccer17 (9)
< Crack Trooper >
Michigan
Alright so I was at my parents house going through some things and happened to stumble on my old posters. I remember buying them around 08-09. I have no recollection of where or how I came across them but here is what I found and where I need some help.

First, it is this poster

So when I found mine I started doing some research. First off, mine is still rolled and wrapped in plastic, as if it was never opened from the distributor. Here is my poster.

I started looking into the poster and found that this is double sided, and it is an advanced copy (hence the movie release date unlike the original picture I referenced. I can tell that mine is the same poster as the picture I posted because of the way the orange fire/spots are laid out around the date.

the problem is I literally cannot find any information on this poster as another website shows 2 other different styles for the advance posters that were used in the United States to promote the movie
So I messaged some Vintage Movie poster store on Facebook asking about it and they said it's a German poster from their promotion of the movie. That it measure 23" by 33", while the United States ones measure 27 x 41" as you can see from the picture with the tape measure, mine is 27" across as well. So now I'm completely confused and the people from the store haven't replied back yet as they said they were out of town and would get back to me (it's been a week).

anybody have experience in this realm of collecting? Am I sitting on something decent or is this worthless? 

I collect SNES, and have extras I need to rid myself of. If you have needs, worst thing you can do is ask if I have it, or view my FS thread!

Jul 31 at 5:12:03 PM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota
I just picked up a small selection of Superboy comics, priced $3-$5 each.

Superboy is kinda what I'm collecting in the comic realm, I think think the covers are absolutely ridiculous. It makes it fun.

NintendoAge's Resident Tony Hawk Pro Skater Collector 

Aug 07 at 11:55:50 AM
Now get brutal (28)
(Adam ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
Picked up an Ibanez bass amp on Friday from Goodwill. $10 well spent and she sounds beautiful!

http://nintendoagemedia.com/users...

Nintendo 64 cart only collection 296/296. Completed 2/4/17.

Aug 07 at 11:56:39 AM
barrelsAndRivets (131)
< Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: Now get brutal

Picked up an Ibanez bass amp on Friday from Goodwill. $10 well spent and she sounds beautiful!

http://nintendoagemedia.com/users/13077/photobucket/65FF4A34...

$10? damn, nice pickup. My local goodwill has tried to charge that for the PaperAmpz garbage.

Aug 19 at 1:48:36 PM
Applehead (9)
(Carey Frazier) < Little Mac >
South Carolina
Had some lucky finds at the flea market today. Got a gi joe cobra hiss IV tank,loose cobra commander,unopened Duke, 2 unopened cobra troopers for $12. Also a bag of mini Transformers for $3.

Edited: 08/19/2017 at 01:51 PM by Applehead

Sep 08 at 10:36:38 AM
Nostalgia Ward (49)
(D B) < El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: Lksoccer17

Alright so I was at my parents house going through some things and happened to stumble on my old posters. I remember buying them around 08-09. I have no recollection of where or how I came across them but here is what I found and where I need some help.

First, it is this poster

So when I found mine I started doing some research. First off, mine is still rolled and wrapped in plastic, as if it was never opened from the distributor. Here is my poster.

I started looking into the poster and found that this is double sided, and it is an advanced copy (hence the movie release date unlike the original picture I referenced. I can tell that mine is the same poster as the picture I posted because of the way the orange fire/spots are laid out around the date.

the problem is I literally cannot find any information on this poster as another website shows 2 other different styles for the advance posters that were used in the United States to promote the movie
So I messaged some Vintage Movie poster store on Facebook asking about it and they said it's a German poster from their promotion of the movie. That it measure 23" by 33", while the United States ones measure 27 x 41" as you can see from the picture with the tape measure, mine is 27" across as well. So now I'm completely confused and the people from the store haven't replied back yet as they said they were out of town and would get back to me (it's been a week).

anybody have experience in this realm of collecting? Am I sitting on something decent or is this worthless? 

That looks like an official poster that would be distributed to theatres. It's double sided so it'll look good outside sitting in a poster case. There is a market for posters, but it isn't lucrative and is more of a hassle than anything else.

Nostalgia Ward - the Cure for Your Retro Blues

Visit Nostalgia Ward

Read Some Retro Articles at Nerdvana

Sep 14 at 10:06:34 AM
Mike_TV (5)
< Little Mac >
Maryland
In addition to video games I love finding older holiday decorations at yard sales. Picked these up this pink Christmas tree for a second holiday set up in the house for $15 and all of these holiday decorations from a retired teacher for $2. Score!

My Collection: https://docs.google.com/spreadshe...