Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Homebrew The Official Swords and Runes Production Thread Update 10/22/15: The NA Edition Revealed!

Jun 29, 2015 at 12:40:11 AM
Daria (28)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

Originally posted by: Daria

I don't mean to sound poor but... price?

No need to feel bad in the least, it is a very good question . Unforutanely I am still figuring out the exact cost, due to the bonus items involved. I really won't know until everything is in my hands and ready to go, but my goal is to keep it as reasonable as possible.

Fair enough. Thank you for being candid about it. (:

-------------------------

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Jun 29, 2015 at 7:32:47 PM
user (6)

< El Ripper >

If/when in future a S&RII will be developed, would you be interested in following the development to give opinions (from your posts I think to understand you are a fan of '80-'90 style RPG games)? I can't promise nothing about, any decision does not depend to me, just wondering if you would like your name being proposed.

Jun 30, 2015 at 1:35:06 AM
Daria (28)
Florida
Originally posted by: user

If/when in future a S&RII will be developed, would you be interested in following the development to give opinions (from your posts I think to understand you are a fan of '80-'90 style RPG games)? I can't promise nothing about, any decision does not depend to me, just wondering if you would like your name being proposed.

You surmise correctly sir. I would be honored. 

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Jul 14, 2015 at 2:52:35 PM
SoleGooseProductions (120)
(Beau ) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
Progress Report!

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Jul 17, 2015 at 9:37:51 PM
Skorp (25)
(Bryan ) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
What a surprise. Love it! Thanks for making this LE project to all those involved. Thanks for also giving us choices. Will cherish this forever.
Gonna play it tomorrow.

Help complete my N64 NFR With Minty Back Sticker set. Only need three more:
              Minty Front Label Only Starfox NFR, Diddy Kong Racing, and Super Smash Bros!
Want to Buy/Want to Trade For Thread

Wanted: Timewalk Castlevania Redaction Cart Only or CIB. Please contact me.

Jul 17, 2015 at 10:16:19 PM
user (6)

< El Ripper >
Originally posted by: Skorp

What a surprise. Love it! Thanks for making this LE project to all those involved. Thanks for also giving us choices. Will cherish this forever.
Gonna play it tomorrow.

"Gau Happy!"
- FFVI

Thank you so much!

I really think Beau should be the one crdited for all the awesome work he did and all the risks he toke with this project.

Being "in the ones involved" (and being proud about it), your feedback is extremely appreciated, of course.

And being designer and (hard to believe for me) coder of the game, I'm glad if you are happy with playing the game itself too.

If anything is unclear in the game mechanics, just ask in the (a bit chaotic, sorry) development thread, I'll be happy to answer.

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Cheers!

Jul 17, 2015 at 10:16:23 PM
(Beau ) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
Glad I see that they're arriving! Post them when you get them .

SoleGooseProductions.com

Jul 17, 2015 at 10:19:03 PM
(Beau ) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
And we'll start a game play thread soon, but for now just know that you must enter the attack combos sequentially. So for the first enemy it is UP, release, A release. It's not too tricky, but there's a slight learning curve.

SoleGooseProductions.com

Sep 11, 2015 at 4:11:26 PM
(Beau ) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
Oh my, is it time for an update!?

SoleGooseProductions.com

Sep 11, 2015 at 4:24:39 PM
Mega Mario Man (47)
< Kraid Killer >
United States
Nice update. Pretty exciting time for you guys. Congrats on making it this far and I look forward to the RE and many other future releases. The LE were well done and very unique as well. Overall, this was a great project and well done. Way to jump out of the gate running!

Current Project
NONE

Homebrew Games For Sale
Tailgate Party

Homebrews Threads - Orab Games - On Facebook

Tailgate Party, Power Pad Demo, Happy Hour

Sep 11, 2015 at 4:27:08 PM
KHAN Games (88)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
The secret is out. My bald head will be on every label.

Congrats on getting everything sent off to the printer.

Sep 11, 2015 at 4:48:18 PM
SUBSCRIBER
neodolphino (159)
(Justin ) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania
Great news!!! I can't wait to see the finished product

Sep 12, 2015 at 5:38:55 PM
srh201 (111)
(Hootie McBoobins D.N.S.) < Bowser >
United States
great news! I am looking forward to getting my hands on another #33 release!

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:47:31 AM
(Beau ) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
One week.

Edit: not to pull a Steven Race or anything .

SoleGooseProductions.com

Edited: 10/17/2015 at 02:49 AM by SoleGooseProductions

Oct 17, 2015 at 9:48:57 PM
user (6)

< El Ripper >

One week.
For what?

Always so enigmatic...

Oct 22, 2015 at 9:50:18 PM
(Beau ) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
One more day! The sales thread will go live tomorrow at midnight in the Seller's Forum. It will contain most of the inforamtion in the first post, so read up on it now, and not while everyone else is claiming your number .

SoleGooseProductions.com

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:22:50 PM
SUBSCRIBER
neodolphino (159)
(Justin ) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania
Much excite!!

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:56:11 PM
LifeGame (60)
(Max DR) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Ill be there

NES missing games to finish my set :  DOWN TO 5

BUBBLE BOBBLE 2, LITTLE SAMSON, DINO PEAK, PANIC RESTAURANT, POWER BLADE 2, and another cheap one...

NES licensed : 671/677

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:09:46 PM
Skorp (25)
Texas

One more day! The sales thread will go live tomorrow at midnight in the Seller's Forum. It will contain most of the inforamtion in the first post, so read up on it now, and not while everyone else is claiming your number .

Okay, so what you are saying is whoever won a copy from the auction has the right to claim the number first before anyone else in 5-7? Example. winner of #3 LE gets to request #3 first even if someone who didn't win LE #3 post first.

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:14:47 PM
Daria (28)
Florida
Price man, price!

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:49:24 PM
(Beau ) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana

Okay, so what you are saying is whoever won a copy from the auction has the right to claim the number first before anyone else in 5-7? Example. winner of #3 LE gets to request #3 first even if someone who didn't win LE #3 post first.

The NA Edition numbering scheme is separate from everything else. I went back and forth a lot on this, trying to find the best and fairest way, but in the end it looks like the NA Edition is going to have to be its own separate entity. Otherwise, the first thirty would already be reserved, and other than the auction winners, the recipients do not know what number they will receive (still waiting on better labels for those; auction LE holders will be sent new ones as well). Nor did I want to presume that they would all be interested.

I've got a little article to write on the choices I've made concerning editions, but I'll keep it short for now. Basically, though the LE sold first, it is not the main SGP edition of any game. It is something that I did for fun, and because I wanted to. LEs may not accompany all future games, or may come after the other editions, but the NA will be consistent across all games (with some possible exceptions of course; gotta stay creative), and that is what the reservation system will be based on. To reserve based on LE would also not make sense when it came time for the next LE (boxes are done!), since those will be sold and given in various ways. Not all will be offered publicly, and some may not be put up for sale at all.

This may not be the most popular decision, but it is one of the many tough decisions that has gone into the project. My advice: if there is a number you want, or something that you would like to match to an LE, be there at midnight tomorrow.

SoleGooseProductions.com

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:57:33 PM
(Beau ) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana

Price man, price!

$75, and some day I'll figure out multi-quoting...

SoleGooseProductions.com

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:02:12 AM
Daria (28)
Florida

Price man, price!

$75, and some day I'll figure out multi-quoting...

Yay!

*F5 F5 F5*

Oct 23, 2015 at 9:11:03 PM
Skorp (25)
Texas

The NA Edition numbering scheme is separate from everything else. I went back and forth a lot on this, trying to find the best and fairest way, but in the end it looks like the NA Edition is going to have to be its own separate entity. Otherwise, the first thirty would already be reserved, and other than the auction winners, the recipients do not know what number they will receive (still waiting on better labels for those; auction LE holders will be sent new ones as well). Nor did I want to presume that they would all be interested.

I've got a little article to write on the choices I've made concerning editions, but I'll keep it short for now. Basically, though the LE sold first, it is not the main SGP edition of any game. It is something that I did for fun, and because I wanted to. LEs may not accompany all future games, or may come after the other editions, but the NA will be consistent across all games (with some possible exceptions of course; gotta stay creative), and that is what the reservation system will be based on. To reserve based on LE would also not make sense when it came time for the next LE (boxes are done!), since those will be sold and given in various ways. Not all will be offered publicly, and some may not be put up for sale at all.

This may not be the most popular decision, but it is one of the many tough decisions that has gone into the project. My advice: if there is a number you want, or something that you would like to match to an LE, be there at midnight tomorrow.

Wow, what a response. Thanks for the explanation.
Hope I am fast enough to get my number or lower.