Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

2018 Secret Santa Reveal thread Show off your goods, and I show myself! --- Gloves? Sadikyo?

Dec 25, 2018 at 6:50:47 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Mega Tank (185)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
GoldeneyeGamer was my SecretSanta. I got some veey neat 3D printed items and a batch of homemade cookies! I was unable to enjoy the cookies as they arrived as tough as rocks, but the 3D printed items will be neat shelf pieces. The one that I enjoyed the most was a 3D logo of a team I run for World of Tanks. It looked like a poker chip and he had to do some research to get the image logo. Very thoughtful! I unfortunately did not take a pic of them before we stepped out of town, but they will go nicely amongst my collection. Thanks GEG!  

-------------------------
Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e
My FS Thread: Click This.

Dec 25, 2018 at 7:36:12 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Murray (34)
(Count of Tuscany ) < El Ripper >
Colorado
My Secret Santa never officially revealed themselves however I do have a sneaking suspicion on who they may be.  

Will the real rlh please stand up? 

Thank you so much for the amazing gifts! 

Solomon's Key: Amazing. Everyone on NA should have this in their collection.  

Beavis and Butthead: This tape features the music of GWAR. Enough said. 

BattleClash: I wonder how this one holds up on Brock's list? 

Spyro & Spyro 2: Can't wait to play these! 

Gran Turismo & Ridge Racer: Oh hell yes, need to make it down the hash driveway first. 

Tetris, Pokemon Pinball & Pac man. Classics! 

Brutal Legend: Going to dip some Jack Link's and play this one tonight!

Special shout out to JamesRobot & Richardhead for hooking my candy up with a Powerpack, that's it boys I'm out of the NES collecting game  

Also a big thank you to captmorgandrinker for being a killer Santa. Yes I did snag Okilly Dokilly tickets and will catch them on the ReNeducation tour this Feb. Will send a postcard from the donut hell mosh pit. 

Proud Sponsor of the 2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contest

Dec 25, 2018 at 8:00:39 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Fleck586 (153)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
My SS was Acidjaguar. THANK YOU SO MUCH! As I said earlier, my wife said no presents this year, so yours were the only presents I had under the tree. So thankful. Knocked out 5 games off the SNES list and 4 obscure NP mags I was missing. Merry Christmas!!

EDIT - gonna have to post pics later because I cant do it from my phone apparently.

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Dec 25, 2018 at 8:02:08 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Fleck586 (153)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
Originally posted by: JamesRobot

Originally posted by: Fleck586
Aw yeeeah!  Big thanks to my Secret Santa, Fleck586 coming through big time with a Megaman Pixel Pal, Akira (translation), and  Pi complonents (I'm building a RetroPi after the holidays are done.)  You tha Man!

Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions
I am also this year's recipient of the much coveted Cute Girl Feminine Boy photo.  Be jealous!  Thank you, Beau.  My wife also says "thanks."   

Merry Christmas to All!

Glad you liked everything! Was a little lost on the Rasperry Pi stuff but I hope you can use it all. I knew you'd like the rest. Merry Christmas!!

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Dec 25, 2018 at 8:07:18 PM
MasterBigCat (1)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Originally posted by: shadowfire36

my secret Santa was MasterBigCat ... when i opened the box i was having a really crappy day , and man you flipped it all around . I didnt get one but 4 games from my list .. he even got me werewolf with the comic and manual !!!!! thank you from the bottom of my heart it meant a lot to me... i went ahead in CIB'ed them lol

I'm glad you enjoy your gifts! They look great with all the boxes!

Dec 25, 2018 at 9:07:34 PM
acromite53 (20)
(Evan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas

I want to say thanks to Rocky for this nice gift! 2 more Nintendo games for Wii. I'm looking forward to trying out that n64 games. IM intO RACING GAMES! Thanks and merry Christmas!

Dec 25, 2018 at 9:12:42 PM
badhairz (2)

(James Shaffer) < Cherub >
Maryland
My S.S. was Mark (bluzebrother11) . Santa was very generous to me. i received  Kung Fu (5 screw) ,  Kart Fighter (1st homebrew ever for me) , X-men , and Vectorman. im excited to play my 1st Homebrew . Xmen and vectorman are great Segas (nice choices Mark). Also I needed a 5 screw Kung Fu (just checked)          
   Thank you so much Mark and Merry Christmas

Count me in next year for Secret Santa as this was awesome! Thanks Captmorgandrinker

Dec 25, 2018 at 9:18:03 PM
sadikyo (88)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
My SS was SnoopKatt, and he did an amazing job  

Got an xbox Atlus game I needed, 3 awesome imports, and a hilariously adorable coin bank.  Also, the games are in fantastic shape!  I am VERY happy with these additions, so he did a great job!

Not pictured above, is perhaps the best gift of all that was a really awesome surprise.  He knows I'm involved with a child advocacy charity, and he made a financial contribution to our local chapter.  That was completely above and beyond, and really means a lot to me.

Thank you so much for your awesome gift - you did an excellent job and I really appreciate everything!

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Dec 25, 2018 at 9:56:29 PM
psychobear85 (59)
< Lolo Lord >
Nevada
My SS was Mega Tank and he was beyond genorous. Thank you Mega Tank everything is awesome, also sent me so pretty cool 3d printed stuff. That blockbuster cozy thought. Thanks again Mega Tank!!!

photo D59A2A6D-72F7-452A-988C-223988C63A6C_zpsmrqw8nen.jpg

My WTB LIST 
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

Edited: 12/25/2018 at 09:57 PM by psychobear85

Dec 25, 2018 at 10:18:16 PM
SUBSCRIBER
smick (27)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
My SS was Megamanfan.  I made my family wait to open presents so that these were the first opened this Christmas.  They didn't appreciate it anywhere near as much as I did!  Thanks so much for the games!  You knocked some great games off my want list, and I can't wait to sit down and play them while I'm off this week.  Merry Christmas!

Playing through the Zelda games:

Complete: The Legend of Zelda (8/1/13); Zelda II (1/6/14); Zelda LTTP (5/18/14); Link's Awakening (4/8/15); Ocarina of Time (2/7/16)
Up Next: Majora's Mask

Dec 25, 2018 at 10:49:57 PM
0xero0 (230)
(Drunk Robot) < Kraid Killer >
Oregon

My Secret Santa was theirontoupee. 
He gave to me an unopened pack of Donkey Kong cards, and inside the giftwrapped packages were
a book, Mario coin candies in a question mark tin, and 2 DS games I needed to complete my boxes!
Pokemon White, and Monster Hunter3 Ultimate.
I love it, thank you very much and I hope you had a great Christmas!

Open to trades http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Dec 25, 2018 at 10:52:51 PM
0xero0 (230)
(Drunk Robot) < Kraid Killer >
Oregon
Originally posted by: Last1Up

No clue who my Secret Santa was, but he defenitly exceeded my expectations. What an amazing gift, it was just way to much! I asked for unlicensed NES games, and was surprised not only by the ammound, but also by the great selection. Have been playing them for a bit and stuff like Spiritual Warfare and Crystal Mines are pretty good games, certainly a lot better than some of the unlicensed Gluk games we got here. Thanks for the awesome gift, I really appreciate it, this Christmas wasn't that great for me but this defenitly redeemed it.

That was me, hope you enjoy them. Sorry, I forgot to put a letter in there with it.

Open to trades http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Dec 25, 2018 at 11:03:51 PM
theirontoupee (53)
(I Need Exertainment ) < Bowser >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: 0xero0

My Secret Santa was theirontoupee. 
He gave to me an unopened pack of Donkey Kong cards, and inside the giftwrapped packages were
a book, Mario coin candies in a question mark tin, and 2 DS games I needed to complete my boxes!
Pokemon White, and Monster Hunter3 Ultimate.
I love it, thank you very much and I hope you had a great Christmas!

Glad you liked them! Merry Christmas!

WTB Thread (Always looking for Exertainment related items)

FO/FT Thread - Xbox, PS1, Gamecube, and more!

NintendoAge Official Exertainment Thread!!!

Dec 26, 2018 at 12:30:00 AM
GameboyRicky (148)
(Ricky ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
My secret santa was kemp175 and he went above and beyond. When I opened the box, I had a ton of individually wrapped gifts. I saved them for Christmas Day and, when I opened them, I was excited to see that he helped me knock off a few games I needed towards my complete Long Box set (including DiscWorld) which is a little harder to find). He also gave me a CIB N64 game I needed, and three Gameboy Advance games (2 sealed). Aside from all that, he also sent a PS2 game, a manual I needed, an NA patch and some figures I will be putting up on my selves. Thanks again Dane!

Edited: 12/26/2018 at 12:45 AM by GameboyRicky

Dec 26, 2018 at 12:30:19 AM
captmorgandrinker (565)
< Bonk >
Ohio
Some great stuff shown off so far! I still need to get my pic up; Vec hooked me up with some Yakuza goodies and Japanese candy.

Extra thanks to those of you that pulled international duty this year.

Dec 26, 2018 at 12:42:58 AM
shadowfire36 (6)
< Tourian Tourist >
Texas
Originally posted by: ZeldaFreak

My Secret Santa was Shadowfire36! He got me the hardcover edition of The Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia, which I was really hyped for since I now have the complete trilogy of Zelda books, from Hyrule Historia, Arts & Artifacts, all the way up to the Encyclopedia now. Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it!  

My only complaint was that I immediately guessed what it was just based on the shape of the box, but that just made me more hyped to open it up on Christmas Eve  

Your welcome!! Merry Christmas!! Glad I didn’t buy you all 3 lol

Dec 26, 2018 at 1:16:19 AM
MasterBigCat (1)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
My phones weird with pictures but my secret Santa was TheNoid. He blessed me with a CIB DK Jungle beat! As well as sno cross for ps1 sealed. Very siked! Thanks bro!

Dec 26, 2018 at 6:45:46 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Mega Tank (185)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: psychobear85

My SS was Mega Tank and he was beyond genorous. Thank you Mega Tank everything is awesome, also sent me so pretty cool 3d printed stuff. That blockbuster cozy thought. Thanks again Mega Tank!!!

photo D59A2A6D-72F7-452A-988C-223988C63A6C_zpsmrqw8nen.jpg

I am glad you liked your gift bundle! I tried keeping my purchases to local stores this year to support the small stores. Fortunately they had some games from your list. Threw in the cozy as a random goodie, but hopefully it brought back some cool times at Blockbuster lol.

Shout out to SNESNESCUBE64 for making the 3D printed items! Thanks!

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e
My FS Thread: Click This.

Dec 26, 2018 at 8:50:08 AM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania

My secret Santa was a Baltimore boy 😂😂 thank you so much for the gift!!

Dec 26, 2018 at 9:22:41 AM
Boosted52405 (478)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

I tried to not use common phrases that I normally use (peeps, gonna, ...). I may have given myself away to Boosted when I replied "Sure thing!" to one of his messages to SS.

The spaces may have been part of IE. I normally post in Chrome but stayed logged into the SS account with IE.
Lmao not at all truly a lucky guess!!!!

Dec 26, 2018 at 9:33:14 AM
rlh (66)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Thanks to my SS!  Unless I 100% missed it, I'm not sure who this is even though they left clues as to who they were, but feel free to call me out on not knowing!  

Anyway, here's my gifts!  These games are all on my rather long backlog of desires, so I'm more than happy with these gifts!

But what's that one wrapped gift!

Nice! (And, no, I do not have a copy of this!).  A bit of context.  A little while ago, I posted that I'd like to start collecting gaming items that kids had made or marked up.  This isn't just any copy of the Final Fantasy III official strategy guide, but a well-loved one that has plenty of highlighting and notes.  This will go nicely with my collection.  Here are a few images of some of the notes inside.

So, thank's Secret Santa, whoever you were!  I love these gifts and I hope you had a happy Christmas and a wonderful coming new year!

Please check out my --> WANT LIST <-- Buying A Bit of Everything

Dec 26, 2018 at 9:35:23 AM
rlh (66)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Murray

My Secret Santa never officially revealed themselves however I do have a sneaking suspicion on who they may be.  
Will the real rlh please stand up? 

Ha, well, you're welcome and it was definitely me.  

I  also had no clue that guessing who the SS organizer was, was part of the game. (I'll remember that next year!) So, thanks CaptainMorganDrinker!  Also, I actually thought it was you, Murray, who was SS since you seemed so pumped and excited about this year.

Sorry for the double-post but I wanted to give my SS their moment!  Merry Christmas everyone.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST <-- Buying A Bit of Everything

Dec 26, 2018 at 9:36:04 AM
Vectrex28 (129)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Japan
My SS was the man himself, capt! I got a tonne of games and honestly capt went above and beyond as always. Got some Metroid goodies, as well as some Atari stuff and a few NES games I asked for. Sadly Eliminator Boat Duel got damaged in transit but other than that it was an amazing gift. I'll snap a pic of the Atari games later and I'll also show my Metroid stuff in my Metroid shrine  
By the way did my package arrive capt? It's sadly way less than what you've sent me and I would've definitely added more stuff if I knew but I hope you still enjoyed it  

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Dec 26, 2018 at 10:13:52 AM
Boosted52405 (478)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
My Secret Santa was GameBoyRicky and he sure went above and beyond - much appreciated!!!

I got a new PS4 Lego Jurassic Park Game, Pac-Man Playing Cards, a very nice Zelda note book, a Zelda bead type figure, an NA patch and stickers, and a wicked cool custom Xmas ornament!!!! Thank you again, hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and has a great new year!

Edited: 12/26/2018 at 10:20 AM by Boosted52405

Dec 26, 2018 at 10:53:09 AM
GoldeneyeGamer (25)
(Donald H) < Lolo Lord >
Massachusetts
My phones camera doesn't work so I can't take a picture, but my SS got me the box to a game I already had CI for, and inside of the box were a bunch of yugioh GBA games and Pokémon Red rescue team, one I actually didn't have yet. Still not sure who it was, but thanks a bunch!

I'm going to college! Sales thread for funding that's here.
Owner of post 5001 in the Aquarius thread.