Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

I just won a case against lukie games

Jul 19 at 10:16:32 AM
SilvertongueBullet (4)
< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
I don't buy from them at all, I've heard way too much bad stuff about them in the past. The only online gaming store I have bought from is Sosa games. Mostly I buy from just an individual seller to spare me the drama and the headache. Alot of the gaming reseller stores on eBay and Amazon have bad rap sheets. Just the nature of the beast I guess.......

Jul 19 at 10:19:41 AM
Meteor_of_War (17)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Lukie Games has bought from me several times and luckily its always been a smooth transaction.  But then again I'm always really thorough and careful with my listings, and ALWAYS upload tracking.  Sucks to hear stories like this, and yes I have heard many stories like this. 

I am wondering if maybe they have some bad employees stealing their stock as it comes in?  Or maybe their procedure for sorting of received packages isn't so organized.  Either way I am starting to worry, because they seem to regularly bid on my auctions that are the bigger game lot types.  I'd really be pissed if this happened to me.

-------------------------
*My NA Seller thread*
*My Local Find's Thread*

Edited: 07/19/2017 at 10:21 AM by Meteor_of_War

Jul 19 at 11:53:49 AM
Gutling (120)

< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Ive had Lukie buy from me several times under different ebay accounts and never had an issue. I actually just contacted lukie directly and sent in several boxes of ps2 games, received an email they got them all and were sending out a check (which was strange I had asked for paypal but maybe their paypal did get twisted from this). But no trouble from just smooth transactions. Maybe its just certain people/employees causing issues

Jul 19 at 11:56:22 AM
SUBSCRIBER
darkchylde28 (8)
(Doug ) < El Ripper >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: quest4nes

There has to be more to this story. A reputable online seller isnt going to just scam someone.

Im not saying I dont believe you possibly OP, just this doesnt sound realistic

Yeah, I'm definitely sympathetic to OP but the photo they provided in another thread mentioned in this one showing the USPS guy unloading a box that had been torn open down one entire side (probably by hand based on the shape of the rip) gives me some pause before rushing to pass judgement.  In that instance it was also stated that they got the box minus the games that were worth something.  If they've got a bad mailman on their route, it would certainly explain things and wouldn't remotely be the first time somebody working for the USPS has been guilty of stealing packages/contents.  Anyone want to go through all of the complaints that have been listed here on NA in the past and determine if they've all shipped via USPS?

With that being said, with LG being as big as they are, it's kind of surprising that where stuff like this keeps happening they seem to have not put 2 + 2 together in the same way that I just did.  "Hole in the box, valuable games missing" being a constant theme, you'd think that whoever works in their receiving department would take note.  Yeah, they're busy, and yeah, they're "big," but they're not that big.  Outside of willful ignorance or an incredibly high turnover rate, I find it very difficult to believe that nobody has suspected it wasn't the people they're buying stuff from (because everybody punches a hole in something, pulls out what's valuable and then ships it).  I'd guess it's easier to screw over the buyers than fight the local, possibly corrupt, Post Office.  An easy way to get one's money back when merchandise is legitimately missing, but definitely the wrong thing to do and, if proven (which this seeming habit of doing this over the years indicates), very damaging to their reputation.

Need Stadium Events + Panesian titles, 6-in-1's, Menace Beach, Moon Ranger & Secret Scout to complete my licensed/unlicensed sets.

If you've got any of the above for sale, hit me up!

Jul 19 at 12:00:55 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (66)
(Douglas Glover) < King Solomon >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Bert

Originally posted by: ALTQQ

Originally posted by: attakid101

Thanks for sharing this. Prepare for this thread to be locked.

why would it be locked?

Because like three members are about to defend Lukie Games  and eight members are going to talk shit. Then two of these members are going to start a long back-and-forth  quote-heavy argument.  And then some mod is going to be done with the whole thing and a lock it up.

I'll start

I heard Lukiegames drinks milk straight from the carton

I bet they put the empty carton back in the fridge too. Monster.

People buy milk in cartons?

NEW! Share your collection! Check out mine here!
Developer

Jul 19 at 12:51:11 PM
BouncekDeLemos (79)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: Gloves

why would it be locked?

Because like three members are about to defend Lukie Games  and eight members are going to talk shit. Then two of these members are going to start a long back-and-forth  quote-heavy argument.  And then some mod is going to be done with the whole thing and a lock it up.

I'll start

Only if they're single and/or in college. Otherwise, gallon all the way.  

*drinks from a carton while in tears* 

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Jul 19 at 12:54:37 PM
attakid101 (19)
(Fredo ) < King Solomon >
Idaho
Originally posted by: BouncekDeLemos

why would it be locked?

I'll start

Canadians drink from bags. You read that right--BAGS.

Jul 19 at 1:01:10 PM
BouncekDeLemos (79)
Florida

why would it be locked?

I'll start

Iicr, they had them here too once? Maybe in certain states?

I remember when schools were introducting bag drinks and how to use them. (Always cover your tumb over the straw, or it'll get everywhere!) They went from all cartons, to all bags (not just the OJ, but the milk too) then carton for milk and bag for OJ, then... not sure what they do now since I haven't been to school in the past 17 years. lol

Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...

Jul 19 at 1:03:42 PM
SUBSCRIBER
ALTQQ (65)
(Sean W) < Kraid Killer >
British Columbia

why would it be locked?

I'll start

Yup my parents were hitting up those milk bags in the 90s

Jul 19 at 1:17:32 PM
SUBSCRIBER
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Boy the quote trains talking about milk that make up half the thread and 80% of the thread's screen length sure are annoying on mobile.

Jul 19 at 1:20:31 PM
captmorgandrinker (550)
(Throw apples at NESDJ) < Bonk >
Ohio
Yeah, let's try not to derail this one any further? There is a legitimate issue that needs addressed, and hopefully somebody from Lukie chimes in to speak to what's going on.

Jul 19 at 1:33:39 PM
BouncekDeLemos (79)
Florida
Sorry, gents. I was about to mention the derailing and the quote trees (I could at least edit mine, but they never come out right), but there is a topic on hand here we need to focus on.

I actually want to know what Lukie has to say on the topic here.

Edited: 07/19/2017 at 01:34 PM by BouncekDeLemos

Jul 19 at 1:36:07 PM
SUBSCRIBER
xMaGuSx (54)
(the black wind howls ) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Meteor_of_War

Lukie Games has bought from me several times and luckily its always been a smooth transaction.  But then again I'm always really thorough and careful with my listings, and ALWAYS upload tracking.  Sucks to hear stories like this, and yes I have heard many stories like this. 
I am wondering if maybe they have some bad employees stealing their stock as it comes in?  Or maybe their procedure for sorting of received packages isn't so organized.  Either way I am starting to worry, because they seem to regularly bid on my auctions that are the bigger game lot types.  I'd really be pissed if this happened to me.
That is my guess. It makes no sense that this same exact scenario keeps happening to people. I doubt it is someone at the post office, although it could be. And i also doubt they are purposely doing this to scam people. It is an issue they just don't want to deal with and are placing the responisibility on the sellers which isn't right. They need to look into it.

It would be very easy for an employee to keep stealing games for extra money, especially if Lukie just blames the seller and gets their money back. 

Be water, My friend. 

Jul 19 at 1:46:38 PM
LastCat (56)
(Top Cat) < El Ripper >
Puerto Rico
Originally posted by: pegboy

Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

Why would they need multiple accounts? Is there a limit to how many purchases or sales you can make in a certain amount of time?
BEcause ebay allows and encourages fraud on their website.  For instance, it's a well known fact that all of the big Japanese sellers shll bid the living shit out of all of their auctions.  Ebay does nothing even after this has been going on for years.

I noticed that with the Yamatoku-Clasic auctions, it sucks because a lot of items you can get them cheap but they'll shill bid on a lot of the good stuff.

Jul 19 at 1:46:59 PM
Meteor_of_War (17)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: xMaGuSx

Originally posted by: Meteor_of_War

That is my guess. It makes no sense that this same exact scenario keeps happening to people. I doubt it is someone at the post office, although it could be. And i also doubt they are purposely doing this to scam people. It is an issue they just don't want to deal with and are placing the responisibility on the sellers which isn't right. They need to look into it.

It would be very easy for an employee to keep stealing games for extra money, especially if Lukie just blames the seller and gets their money back. 

If there is any chance its an internal company issue then I would hope they are invesitgating it among their own, rather than going after the sellers.

*My NA Seller thread*
*My Local Find's Thread*

Jul 19 at 1:52:57 PM
mas (0)

(Robert Mason) < Little Mac >
Massachusetts
Well if the case is that there is a person stealing then it's just weird that every game I sent them they have in stock in their inventory for sale. Just too weird that they lost all the games but have the same games for sale.
Just like what happened on the other transactions they said they never got from me or lost

Jul 19 at 1:55:38 PM
Loxx O))) (11)
(Fat Man Kraid) < King Solomon >
Washington
Well they are buying up from multiple people. They probably already have those games in stock from purchases elsewhere. Unless you see pictures with distinct markings letting you know they are the actual ones you shipped.

Jul 19 at 2:16:58 PM
mas (0)

(Robert Mason) < Little Mac >
Massachusetts
True

Jul 19 at 2:21:20 PM
DragonmasterDan (41)
(Dan Bailey) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
Looking through the posts on this issue it's clear Lukie Games minimally has serious problems managing incoming inventory. It almost appears they're opening the boxes, toting up the orders and then doing an inventory of the contents much later. This is extremely sloppy if this is going on let alone anything that may be occuring intentionally.

My Licensed NES collection. Now at 100%
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...
677/677

My TurboGrafx HuCard Collection at 100%
94/94

My US Virtual Boy CIB Collection at 100%
14/14

Jul 19 at 2:54:49 PM
MrWunderful (261)
(AKA MrWarmonger ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
In my opinion, being a "large" operation doesn't make it okay that they misplace items and immediately file a claim, especially since they are buying games from people who usually arent selling operations. Its one thing to do a charge back from some logistical company on a supply chain, another to stick a collector with the companies oversight.

At least in this situation they are working with you to make things right.

If I ever sold a lot on eBay and they bought from me (especially since they are blocked) I would just cancel and eat a bad feedback. But then again I doubt I care as much about my feedback as others do.

Jul 19 at 3:05:23 PM
NESfiend (22)
(Travis ) < Meka Chicken >
Missouri
Approaching 24 hours and no response from Lukie. You know they know about this by now. They usually chime in to threads discussing their business really quickly. Bad move ignoring this. Right or wrong, a huge group of your targeted customers are putting you on their individual shit lists every minute. You might want to let us know what's going on.....

Jul 19 at 3:08:46 PM
Boosted52405 (460)
(Eric Bizzle) < King Solomon >
Iowa

Sorry, gents. I was about to mention the derailing and the quote trees (I could at least edit mine, but they never come out right), but there is a topic on hand here we need to focus on.

I actually want to know what Lukie has to say on the topic here.
x2 - I've had a few good experiences with them buying my lots on the bay, but there appears to be a recognizable pattern of these situations that seems to be tarnishing their image.

Jul 19 at 4:22:37 PM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube King) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
I hope things end on a positive note.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Jul 19 at 4:33:53 PM
Gex (33)
(Ryley Rolls ) < Meka Chicken >
Alberta
Originally posted by: NESfiend

Approaching 24 hours and no response from Lukie. You know they know about this by now. They usually chime in to threads discussing their business really quickly.

Yeah they helped Dream quickly, must be yeilding to their quality audience

<<< My TurboGrafx 16 ISO

Jul 19 at 5:06:45 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (258)
(Brian P.) < Bowser >
Minnesota
The Lukiegames account has logged in since 6/29, so don't hold your breath.