Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

SNES Cartridge Booting Problems Does SNES Cartridge booting problems relate to a dying saved battery?

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:16:24 PM
cenofett (6)
(junior SNES) < Tourian Tourist >
California
Pulled out the connector pins gave them a good scrub with some cleaner and then rinsed thoroughly with Alcohol, air dried them, same issue.

Games work, but the select few give black screens...

lame

-------------------------

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:22:50 PM
removed04092017 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Bowser >
Other
Hmm, and the sound is fine and the game runs? Something more may be to it, although I could guess things all day, it could be anything. I'm not sure, my options in that spot would be to look at the bottom of the connector on the system and check to see if there's a pin with a bad connection. It'll have a little ring around the solder, to fix that you'd just have to heat it up and melt the solder again. Although it just sounds like it could be many things. I'd possibly just advise putting it aside for now and maybe just getting another system, they're not too expensive.

Jan 23, 2012 at 12:48:29 PM
NoahtheFox (0)
(Noah Phelps) < Crack Trooper >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: omarchafa

Well I haven't cleaned the connectors and if I would what's usually the best thing to clean it with? I heard windex does it better than rubbing alcohol. I don't know if I may had power off/on my snes improperly.

I just brought Super Mario 3 back from the dead with rubbing alcohol, so try some rubbing alcohol on a q-tip.

-------------------------

Edited: 01/23/2012 at 12:49 PM by NoahtheFox