Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

How do you get a Stadium Events game? What will it take..

LOCKED TOPIC

Oct 22, 2014 at 11:38:28 AM
Portabello (151)
< Meka Chicken >
New York
Originally posted by: dr.robbie

Originally posted by: petrosky

Here's an ethical question about Stadium Events. If you do happen to stumble upon someone with the game. No matter if it's a yard sale, flea market, pawn shop etc... and they don't know it's worth and they sell it to you for say $5 do you buy it and quietly leave? because they don't know it's worth and didn't realize to research that, give them more than $5 and tell them it's worth more than that?
There is no ethical concern there. If someone asks a price for something and you pay that price to obtain that item, everyone is happy. Now, if that person came to you and asked what the value of the game was or something like that, then sure, there could be some ethical concerns, but paying an asked price for an item isn't.

Agreed.  It's a "moral" issue more than anything.

Oct 22, 2014 at 11:50:08 AM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: BeaglePuss

Originally posted by: joshs_collections

I have a copy of a stadium events. It is like new cib. I had it since 1998. If I remember right I payed $15 for the whole thing. Lol now there is know why you can find it for that now. If I would sell mine I would put a price of $20,000. Because it is so rare to find it like the copy I have.

Thank you. Glad I wasn't the only one!!

-------------------------
May the force be with you.

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:06:26 PM
cmbatchuk (0)
(Ben Hall) < Crack Trooper >
Wisconsin

I have a copy of a stadium events. It is like new cib. I had it since 1998. If I remember right I payed $15 for the whole thing. Lol now there is know why you can find it for that now. If I would sell mine I would put a price of $20,000. Because it is so rare to find it like the copy I have.

I checked out his ebay, and in a posting where he was trying to sell off his whole collection, he had it included with the special note that it was a Timewalk's reproduction cart. LINK 
Of course, when he listed his collection on NA, he pretended it was real. LINK

So no, he did not buy it in 1998. He's full of shit. 

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:15:59 PM
umrebel1989 (31)
(John B.) < Eggplant Wizard >
Mississippi
Originally posted by: bencoffeehall

I checked out his ebay, and in a posting where he was trying to sell off his whole collection, he had it included with the special note that it was a Timewalk's reproduction cart. LINK 

shots fired.

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:23:50 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Originally posted by: Portabello

Here's an ethical question about Stadium Events. If you do happen to stumble upon someone with the game. No matter if it's a yard sale, flea market, pawn shop etc... and they don't know it's worth and they sell it to you for say $5 do you buy it and quietly leave? because they don't know it's worth and didn't realize to research that, give them more than $5 and tell them it's worth more than that?
There is no ethical concern there. If someone asks a price for something and you pay that price to obtain that item, everyone is happy. Now, if that person came to you and asked what the value of the game was or something like that, then sure, there could be some ethical concerns, but paying an asked price for an item isn't.

Ethics, morals and the right thing to do are personal opinions. Are you saying that if you found SE in the wild for $3 bucks you would not buy it cause it is priced wrong? I did....and was happy to. I did not steel or cheat to get it. Just plesant converstion and payed the stores asking price.

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:25:02 PM
Scerena4 (65)
(Kyle Scerena) < El Ripper >
Illinois

Edited: 10/22/2014 at 12:30 PM by Scerena4

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:31:14 PM
Scerena4 (65)
(Kyle Scerena) < El Ripper >
Illinois

Yeah the time walk version of this game isnt worth 20k sorry.

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:56:24 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts

Damm dude, excellent research. Why lie about something like that?

gamevaluenow

Oct 22, 2014 at 1:01:26 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
And as for stadium events, everyone is right. They are out there. If you have the cash you will undoubtedly find one. Coming up with over 5,000 is the only real challenge.

I personally cannot see the point in paying this though. That 5,000 could purchase so many other games i'd actually play and expand my collection by a staggering margin. I wouldn't even bother with a repro.

gamevaluenow

Oct 22, 2014 at 1:08:49 PM
NESfanatic (7)
< Lolo Lord >
Ohio
Originally posted by: andrethecollector

if you have enough money you can get whatever you want in this world....well almost anything.

Including emma watson? Or no?

Oct 22, 2014 at 1:10:41 PM
Viktor_Zukov (51)
(Chris ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Maryland
Originally posted by: NESfanatic

if you have enough money you can get whatever you want in this world....well almost anything.

Pretty sure that would be NFRS prices on that.

Stuff For Sale: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Edited: 10/22/2014 at 01:10 PM by Viktor_Zukov

Oct 22, 2014 at 1:13:28 PM
andrethecollector (1)
< Tourian Tourist >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: Viktor_Zukov

Originally posted by: NESfanatic

Pretty sure that would be NFRS prices on that.

shes part of the almost anything category..lol

Oct 22, 2014 at 1:34:35 PM
MAIL_BAG (151)
(Rip ) < King Solomon >
Virginia
The last one sold on eBay for a reasonable price. I would have bought it had I not got my NWC 5 days before and had a 2 week vacation to Europe later in the month. My wife would've murdered me.

Oct 22, 2014 at 1:38:19 PM
bgmz282 (6)
(mike mccaskill) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
I am a SE owner and i found mine in the wild. I paid 60.00 for a box of 30 nes games that had mega man 4 , battletoads, metroid, and darkwing duck laying on top. I noticed SE on the way home and really thought it was either a repro or fake or something. I relaize now how lucky a find it was. I dont have any moral problems with the sale for the simple reason he didnt know what he had and niether did I.

I tell ya its a weird game to own. The gameplay is absolutely terrible and the only reason it has value is rarity/demand. Having a multithousand dollar item sitting on a shelf that you paid 3 dollars is interesting for me. At the end of the day, if you are completing a set SE is neccesary.. outside of that i wouldnt know way you would dump the cash

Oct 22, 2014 at 1:40:01 PM
Silent Hill (131)
(A-A-Ron ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: magus90

Incredible burn with facts.

Oct 22, 2014 at 4:01:57 PM
Portabello (151)
< Meka Chicken >
New York
Originally posted by: Benihana

Originally posted by: Portabello

Ethics, morals and the right thing to do are personal opinions. Are you saying that if you found SE in the wild for $3 bucks you would not buy it cause it is priced wrong? I did....and was happy to. I did not steel or cheat to get it. Just plesant converstion and payed the stores asking price.

no, I'm not saying I have moral issues with that because I don't. I was agreeing with the correction that its really not an "ethical" issue. Seller asks for a price, buyer agrees and pays. Nothing ethically wrong there.

Oct 22, 2014 at 4:06:55 PM
NostalgicMachine (8)
< Master Higgins >
New Hampshire
Just get insanely rich, offer anyone/everyone 150%+ the market value, and you'll have offers flying in!

Oct 22, 2014 at 4:51:49 PM
joshs_collections (5)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Josh Burgess) < Crack Trooper >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Silent Hill

Yes you did do some research and im not lieing I do have a brand new copy from timewalk and a CIB copy that I bought in 1998. just because I didnt have it listed doesnt mean I dont have it I will not sell that copy that is why I never listed it kids. So instead of acting like little kids and bashing people I would think about what you are saying and start respecting people. Just because you will never have a copy like the one i have doesnt mean you have to bash the first person that says they have one. Grow up!!

Oct 22, 2014 at 4:54:31 PM
Silent Hill (131)
(A-A-Ron ) < King Solomon >
Ohio

Originally posted by: Silent Hill

Not trying to start shit here, but I think the person called you out based on their research of contradicting information, not because of jealousy. I'd say post a picture of it with your name to shut everyone up? 

Oct 22, 2014 at 5:03:48 PM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California

Yes you did do some research and im not lieing I do have a brand new copy from timewalk and a CIB copy that I bought in 1998. just because I didnt have it listed doesnt mean I dont have it I will not sell that copy that is why I never listed it kids. So instead of acting like little kids and bashing people I would think about what you are saying and start respecting people. Just because you will never have a copy like the one i have doesnt mean you have to bash the first person that says they have one. Grow up!!

If you want others to show you respect, you must first show respect yourself. Calling them 'kids' will not help your case I can guarentee that. Also, when you make claims like that you better be able to back them up. So....... lets see it :-)

Back on topic. Basically at this point you better have some cash to get a stadium events as many others have stated. I feel that it is reasonable to have hope of finding a bubble bobble 2 or a little sampson in the wild but not a stadium events.

Edited: 10/22/2014 at 05:04 PM by Hogie1418

Oct 22, 2014 at 5:08:22 PM
joshs_collections (5)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Josh Burgess) < Crack Trooper >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Hogie1418

If you want others to show you respect, you must first show respect yourself. Calling them 'kids' will not help your case I can guarentee that. Also, when you make claims like that you better be able to back them up. So....... lets see it :-)

Back on topic. Basically at this point you better have some cash to get a stadium events as many others have stated. I feel that it is reasonable to have hope of finding a bubble bobble 2 or a little sampson in the wild but not a stadium events.

okay as soon as I get off work I will take pictures of it and I will post them on their ass to show your guyses mouth up.

Oct 22, 2014 at 5:12:25 PM
NESfanatic (7)
< Lolo Lord >
Ohio

Originally posted by: Hogie1418

okay as soon as I get off work I will take pictures of it and I will post them on their ass to show your guyses mouth up.

I never doubted u, but why say ur all jealous. Ive seen someone else here recently saying ur all jealous. Thats pretty elitist in my book

Oct 22, 2014 at 5:16:14 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California

Yes you did do some research and im not lieing I do have a brand new copy from timewalk and a CIB copy that I bought in 1998.

Do you play it on your NES that you got "day one of the release in 1985"?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Oct 22, 2014 at 5:30:07 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Tulpa

Yes you did do some research and im not lieing I do have a brand new copy from timewalk and a CIB copy that I bought in 1998.

Do you play it on your NES that you got "day one of the release in 1985"?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadi...

What I am confused about is how he would know the serial number if he never opened it. Last time I checked the serial isn't on the box it's on the system. And back then serial numbers were not on receipts like they are now.

gamevaluenow

Oct 22, 2014 at 5:33:47 PM
BriGuy82 (25)
(Beady Eyed Man Boy) < Lolo Lord >
New Jersey
Jon Lovitz is on NA? How cool is that! "Yeahhhh Stadium Events thats it!!!"