Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Homebrew NESDev Compo 2016

Feb 03 at 9:25:56 PM
NESHomebrew (20)
(Brad Bateman - Strange Brew Games) < King Solomon >
Saskatchewan
Judging emails have been sent to the entrants. If you haven't received the email, check your spam folder (surveymonkey.com). If not, please send an email or message me and I will send the link.

Edit*

I also realize I made a mistake.  I put January 28th as the closing date instead of February 18th.  Not sure how that happened.

Edited: 02/03/2017 at 09:50 PM by NESHomebrew

Feb 04 at 1:53:14 AM
user (6)

< El Ripper >
Originally posted by: NESHomebrew

Judging emails have been sent to the entrants. If you haven't received the email, check your spam folder (surveymonkey.com). If not, please send an email or message me and I will send the link.

Edit*

I also realize I made a mistake. I put January 28th as the closing date instead of February 18th. Not sure how that happened.

Thanks, I received the email.

I confirm my choice, I will not submit my rankings, my active role in this edition of the competition ends here.

I replied to your email, please consider that reply strictly confidential, sent uniquely to you, and to be shared ONLY with Paul INL. That message was written for respect towards you two guys.

No matter how much the truth can suck, better to know than to don't, I think.
Also, this can be for you guys a point to ponder about for future editions.

Also, I forgot to mention: if I am supposed to get a cart, please do me the big favor to have it shipped (and rewarded) to SGP (Beau), since I own him a big favor for letting me have this game into the competition.

Best Regards.

Feb 21 at 2:59:21 AM
NESHomebrew (20)
(Brad Bateman - Strange Brew Games) < King Solomon >
Saskatchewan
Results are in, check the 2016 nesdevcompo page for details! Congrats to everyone, and thank-you for making this competition an exceptional one. Winners, please expect an email within the next few days from either Paul or myself.

-Brad

Feb 21 at 10:30:55 PM
SUBSCRIBER
JamesRobot (16)
(AKA JamsGobot ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
Congrats and thanks to everyone involved. Just wondering why user's entry wasn't there. Wasn't CYO entered?

Feb 22 at 5:53:20 AM
erac (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Alabama
He asked to withdraw the entry for some reason, according to the Nesdev thread.

Feb 23 at 6:27:10 PM
user (6)

< El Ripper >
Originally posted by: JamesRobot

Congrats and thanks to everyone involved. Just wondering why user's entry wasn't there. Wasn't CYO entered?

The game was retired. It was a free choice. Personal silly choice. Driven by pride, stubbornness, self respect. I'm happy with such choice, and Paul and Brad were extremely nice understanding it, no matter the lack of evident really good reasons to do so. I apologize with Beau, anyone testing the game, the organizers, and anyone else who cares and is disappointed by this fact. Sometimes you just do what you feel to do.

Thanks for caring about James, appreciated.  

Feb 23 at 10:03:41 PM
SUBSCRIBER
JamesRobot (16)
(AKA JamsGobot ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
No worries, man. You gotta do what you gotta do. Can't wait to see your next effort.

Feb 24 at 3:40:44 AM
user (6)

< El Ripper >
Originally posted by: JamesRobot

No worries, man. You gotta do what you gotta do. Can't wait to see your next effort.

To be honest, I am not planning to design nor code anything else for the NES at this time.

In 2017, the last game I designed in collaboration with toshi5o3 last month, should, of course, be released on cart. And there is also a turn based strategy building game which was designed in year 2015 in collaboration with SoleGooseProduction, which will maybe finally see a cart version. I really hope so, because the game was good and quite unique on the NES.

Year 2016 I designed Ao, which is a simple and challenging puzzle game against the clock, published by Second Dimension (Dra600n on NA) on its web site (price extremely reasonable for cart version). Also, Ninja, which is a ninja game, designed in collaboration with toshi5o3, was released on cart in late year 2016 by toshi5o3 himself.

Moreover, maybe SGP has some copies unsold of other games we made in collaboration with ArchAngel, mattbep, and others, from year 2015, like 0-to-X (puzzle game) or Swords and Runes (RPG). And there are few other games which I designed, or in part designed, in the hands of producers (i.e. subjects who invests in material and/or have the know how to put the game on cart, since I lack both).

If you still have the copy of the ROM of CYO which was posted on the thread, you are of course welcome to play it on emulator, or with a power pack (I think this is the name). You cannot make commercial use of it, but you are of course free to play it yourself with family and friends.

Finally, there is a game designed and coded by MegaMarioMan (Tailgate Party), which I was invited to test, and I have to say it is great, so I really hope the best success for such game, also because the author is an extremely cool guy who put tons of time and effort in it to fine tune it, and it is a really unique game worth consideration; so, no matter my minimal role of incompetent tester (the protagonists are definitely other NA members on such project), I really cheer a lot for a cart release of such game, and I really wish it can achieve the best possible, well deserved, success.

All this, posted just in case it can be useful information for someone.  

Edit: I forgot to mention 1007 bolt / 1007 hammers, a silly game which I designed and was produced on carts by neodolphino: I don't know if there are few carts left, I guess not, but maybe yes.

Edited: 02/24/2017 at 04:03 AM by user