It exists. Sim City nintendo prototype. Back in time 2 port orchard, wa

Sep 11 at 6:38:47 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Kosmic StarDust (43)
(Ay Jay Will-Yams) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Originally posted by: Vectrex28

Originally posted by: Kosmic StarDust

I'd be down for a Famicom repro of this game if it shaves $20 give or take off the NES repro price.

The MMC5 Famicom boards stick out too far when used with an NES joint or comparible 3rd party alternative. You'd have to hack the shell, or worse solder bridge the PCB edge onto a cut off adapter, which is IMO an extremely dodgy way to build a repro, let alone time consuming. The solder joints would likely fracture with time due to the structural load placed upon them.

One good thing about these is that you can get ​Shin 4 Nin Uchi Mahjong: Yakuman Tengoku​ carts for 100 yen in Japan. Heck I even found a Japanese copy of ROTK2 for 100 yen that I used for my Legend of Link repro.

Yeah Famicom carts are the way to go. Only a handful of MMC5 games saw US release I think, and anyone who destroys a CVIII deserves to have their testicles racked with a baseball bat. That pbc won't work anyway as it lacks an SRAM batt.

-------------------------
~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Edited: 09/11/2017 at 07:00 AM by Kosmic StarDust

Sep 11 at 8:57:56 AM
Vectrex28 (119)
(Samus Aran) < Bowser >
Switzerland

Originally posted by: Vectrex28

I'd be down for a Famicom repro of this game if it shaves $20 give or take off the NES repro price.

The MMC5 Famicom boards stick out too far when used with an NES joint or comparible 3rd party alternative. You'd have to hack the shell, or worse solder bridge the PCB edge onto a cut off adapter, which is IMO an extremely dodgy way to build a repro, let alone time consuming. The solder joints would likely fracture with time due to the structural load placed upon them.

One good thing about these is that you can get ​Shin 4 Nin Uchi Mahjong: Yakuman Tengoku​ carts for 100 yen in Japan. Heck I even found a Japanese copy of ROTK2 for 100 yen that I used for my Legend of Link repro.

Yeah Famicom carts are the way to go. Only a handful of MMC5 games saw US release I think, and anyone who destroys a CVIII deserves to have their testicles racked with a baseball bat. That pbc won't work anyway as it lacks an SRAM batt.

Plus the only US-released MMC5 games with SRAM are some rare Koei games that are all over $50... So unless someone makes an MMC5 clone a US repro is gonna cost at least 100 bucks a piece.