Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nightmare Busters -- Still Waiting ugh...

Dec 22, 2013 at 4:07:21 PM
Tanooki (185)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Wow what a smoke and mirrors liar. Development, right. Game development if it were a brand new product, sure. Taking an existing bootleg, getting an official nod, and then placing it on a full complete in box setup hardly takes that long. Hopefully he ends up crucified by the community for it and finds it impossible to get anyone's cash anymore going forward short of the product being finished and ready to ship that day. To take advantage of people that long using their funds and returning nothing but miscommunication, no communication and just bs when it does fly is entirely crooked and irresponsible.

Dec 22, 2013 at 6:40:46 PM
Red (80)
(Green Blue) < El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: Roostwick

He mentions "development" time, but has anyone heard if there will be anything different in the game itself? An easier difficulty level would be cool. Have they released any pictures of the carts they're using?

He did say it's going to be a different version, but I don't think he ever said exactly what's different about it.

Dec 22, 2013 at 6:47:28 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Red

He mentions "development" time, but has anyone heard if there will be anything different in the game itself? An easier difficulty level would be cool. Have they released any pictures of the carts they're using?

He did say it's going to be a different version, but I don't think he ever said exactly what's different about it.

I would think that he's either lying about the changes, or the changes will be super underwhelming.

Dec 22, 2013 at 9:21:32 PM
Steve (12)
(Steve RVG) < Lolo Lord >
United States

I'd bet $20 it's a BS technicality like "the difference is, this is the official 'definitive' version of the game."
One thing's for sure, this guy could create Chrono Trigger 2 and he ain't getting my money.
So glad I opted not to buy NB (because I honestly think it kinda blows)

-------------------------
RVGFANATIC | SNES reviews and remembrances

RELIVE | REPLAY | REMEMBER

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:20:41 AM
Bardoly (24)

(R. Daniel Williams) < Eggplant Wizard >
Indiana
Originally posted by: Steve

I'd bet $20 it's a BS technicality like "the difference is, this is the official 'definitive' version of the game."
One thing's for sure, this guy could create Chrono Trigger 2 and he ain't getting my money.

So why razz on the poor guy if you're not even getting it? One would think that any and all retro game developers would be applauded for their efforts in helping to keep the retro scene vibrant with new games. There are many others like me who don't play games using emulation, so being able to get a physical copy of a game is the only way that we will ever experience these games. Again, to my knowledge he has not lied about anything concerning the release of this game, so until proven guilty, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. As long as he starts shipping the games out this month, then he has held up his end of the deal. Let's be positive about this, and who knows? Maybe someone else will jump in on game development.

Edited: 12/23/2013 at 10:21 AM by Bardoly

Dec 23, 2013 at 1:26:51 PM
acomicbookguyc (348)
(Cristian Romero ) < Bowser >
California
The wait is over. I received two emails from Brandon. One a few days ago and one this morning. I don't live very far from where he's shipping from so I might receive a nice gift tomorrow *fingers crossed*. 

Email 1:
Hello, all.

Thanks for your patience regarding the shipping of Nightmare Busters.
The game was a huge undertaking and it was not an easy development/production process.
However the game is ready to go, and shipping will commence on December 23rd.

Please note I am but one man; it will take me some time to get all 1,200 orders packaged and shipped.
I am working as fast and diligently as I can, to ensure everyone gets their game(s) as soon as possible.

Please watch for your order confirmation e-mail. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly.

I hope you enjoy Nightmare Busters. We are very proud of the finished product, and hope you will be, too.

Sincerely,

Brandon Cobb
President, Super Fighter Team

--

Super Fighter Team

http://www.superfighter.com..." target="_blank">http://www.superfighter.com...

"Never let dreams die!"

Email 2: (ITEM SHIPPED)
Hello!

Thank you for your interest and support! We appreciate your order.

The following product was shipped to you today:

NIGHTMARE BUSTERS game for SUPER NINTENDO / SUPER FAMICOM (product #SF-005)

You should receive it within 3 to 10 days.

It is our great pleasure to be able to provide a new, high quality game for you to enjoy. We look forward to hearing from you with your impressions of the game, so please feel welcome to share them!

If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly at your convenience.

--

Super Fighter Team

http://www.superfighter.com

"Never let dreams die!"

Help me complete my N64 set!
225/296 Carts - 228/296 Manuals - 236/296 Boxes
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

Edited: 12/23/2013 at 01:28 PM by acomicbookguyc

Dec 23, 2013 at 3:28:54 PM
SUBSCRIBER
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Originally posted by: Bardoly

One would think that any and all retro game developers would be applauded for their efforts in helping to keep the retro scene vibrant with new games. 
It isn't a new game.  He also insults all the other developers and homebrewers by claiming it is the first.

There are many others like me who don't play games using emulation, so being able to get a physical copy of a game is the only way that we will ever experience these games.
Before he started you could have bought this game from many repro makers for cheaper.  The ROM is also around to use on flash carts.  It's great he is making it legal, but the physical experience has been available since 2008.

Dec 23, 2013 at 3:39:19 PM
Thunderblaze16 (76)
(Piero ) < King Solomon >
Florida
I better see some unboxing videos and gameplay of this.

Out of the 1,200 lucky orders, who well be the one to dump the rom?

***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***

Dec 23, 2013 at 4:31:51 PM
Steve (12)
(Steve RVG) < Lolo Lord >
United States

Originally posted by: Steve

So why razz on the poor guy if you're not even getting it? One would think that any and all retro game developers would be applauded for their efforts in helping to keep the retro scene vibrant with new games. There are many others like me who don't play games using emulation, so being able to get a physical copy of a game is the only way that we will ever experience these games. Again, to my knowledge he has not lied about anything concerning the release of this game, so until proven guilty, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. As long as he starts shipping the games out this month, then he has held up his end of the deal. Let's be positive about this, and who knows? Maybe someone else will jump in on game development.

If someone wants to do their own thing, and it only affects them, by all means you can do whatever you want. But when you're dealing with people's money and being this slow on delivering, it just irks me from an outsider's point of view. I always believe if you're gonna do something, then handle it right. Especially if you're dealing with other people's money.

The least this guy could have done was ship in time for it to arrive for Christmas. Least he could have done.

It's just an insult to take preorders in 2011, and finally announce September 2013 that you're shipping by December 2013, and waiting until damn near the last minute to ship. Just leaves a sour taste in my mouth that I felt the need to voice.

If you do something, do it right. Do right by others if it's a transaction. All I'm saying is he could have handled this with a little more care and professionalism. If he has another side job then shoot straight from the beginning and say back in 2011 "Yes we are taking pre-orders but I'm very busy so if you don't get the game until late 2013 I hope you understand."

Somehow, I feel that footnote would just turn people away from buying as much as they did. And, as most often is the case, it's all about the benjamins.

RVGFANATIC | SNES reviews and remembrances

RELIVE | REPLAY | REMEMBER

Dec 25, 2013 at 5:49:34 AM
acomicbookguyc (348)
California
Just got my copy in yesterday. Played for 15 minutes and nothing seemed to have been changed aside from the start up logo being super fighter teams logo.

Dec 25, 2013 at 6:18:35 AM
introless (24)
(random guy) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
Wow, feels like an SNES pirate you'd find in Argentina. Seen repros that look better.

Dec 25, 2013 at 9:45:14 AM
Faltain1 (112)
(~Faltain~ ) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: acomicbookguyc

Just got my copy in yesterday. Played for 15 minutes and nothing seemed to have been changed aside from the start up logo being super fighter teams logo.

Ugh, that quality is bad...

I can't defend it anymore after seeing what they produced.... hopefully they just stick to Genesis stuff in the future, or hire someone that knows how to make better looking boxes/labels.

To-do manuals: Arabian Knights, Gulliver Boy, Dark Law, Brandish 2, Flying Hero
Finished manuals: Neugier, Wonder Project J, Burning Heroes, Star Ocean, FEDA, Monstania, Chaos Seed

Dec 25, 2013 at 10:04:02 AM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: acomicbookguyc

Wow, nice piece of shit. That turd took three years to produce?

Dec 25, 2013 at 10:24:52 AM
dquiros (105)
(David Quiros) < El Ripper >
Illinois
Wow what horrible quality. LOTS of guys on this site could do and have done way better.

Dec 25, 2013 at 10:34:40 AM
BossK (47)
< Meka Chicken >
Kentucky
"Here's a nice piece of shit!"

"Oh my god old man Clemens hates shit!"

Dec 25, 2013 at 11:04:06 AM
MrMark0673 (454)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Are you serious? The long wait due to changing the program was just completely made up. I'd love to see a comparative check sum between this and the available rom.

The quality looks downright embarassing. Cobb should be ashamed of himself and people should speak up with their wallets when they make another release.

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Dec 25, 2013 at 11:10:17 AM
Everharm (176)
(Michael Everhart) < El Ripper >
Wisconsin
I have a repro (Cart Only) I got this year, that looks better.
Is is safe to post a picture of it ?

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:03:22 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
Successful con job is successful. So glad I didn't fork over money for that shit and wait 2 years for nothing.

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:23:46 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Wow I have a pair of pirate multicarts that look of better quality than that thing. I really feel bad for people who waited to get a crappy clamshell, poor label, cheapo pirate looking box, and a game with potentially the only change being a corporate boot screen for his little fly by night scam operation.

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:53:56 PM
Thunderblaze16 (76)
(Piero ) < King Solomon >
Florida
Bwhaha! I can just hear the hundreds of people in rage and having part of there Christmas ruined because of this.
Amazing to see a team single handily ruin there reputation in 1 day.

I mean jeez, Uncle Tusk, jjrepro and matty could get together and have made something better in under a week.

***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***

Edited: 12/25/2013 at 02:48 PM by Thunderblaze16

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:46:24 PM
Piko (51)
< King Solomon >
New Hampshire
Is that me or that shell is retrousb shell design?

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:59:00 PM
RetroSauce (176)
(Andrew Sauce) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
Bahahaha man that looks like complete total shit. Even after this whole debacle I considered ordering one. But man, that's bad.

Is he offering refunds for people that purchased this crap? That's embarrassing

Edited: 12/25/2013 at 04:00 PM by RetroSauce

Dec 25, 2013 at 4:22:55 PM
Tiktektak (38)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Austria
That really looks not too hot. Still all things considered 30 bucks seems okay for a complete game.

EDIT: Shit just read up on their page and saw that this costs 60 USD? Phew.... I hope at least the cardstock and manual paper and print quality is good. The artwork and label looks horrible bland.

Ich bin Retro!

Edited: 12/25/2013 at 04:24 PM by Tiktektak

Dec 25, 2013 at 4:29:25 PM
Piko (51)
< King Solomon >
New Hampshire
Originally posted by: Tiktektak

That really looks not too hot. Still all things considered 30 bucks seems okay for a complete game.

EDIT: Shit just read up on their page and saw that this costs 60 USD? Phew.... I hope at least the cardstock and manual paper and print quality is good. The artwork and label looks horrible bland.
I mean I would probably pay the 60 bucks for it. But it seeems that the box and booklet use matte paper (much cheaper to produce). And it would have been 1000 times better if they did different art, new art that hasnt been available on the web for years.

Edited: 12/25/2013 at 04:31 PM by Piko

Dec 25, 2013 at 4:50:19 PM
acomicbookguyc (348)
California
Here are some more pics in case anyone was interested in seeing a closer look.

My small review.

Box:
Very, very thin. I'd say it's very close to what Timewalk was producing when they just started out. It does have a gloss finish.

This picture shows the quality next to a my Link to the Past box. The box is so much more feeble.

Manual:
It's actually very close in comparison to what Nintendo produced back in the day when it comes to the paper they used. Design inside the manual is okay but nothing that stands out and it's definitely done by a mediocre designer.

Cartridge:
Nice durable plastic but it does feel a bit cheap. I hate the Super Famicom design since it doesn't make use of an end label(this is a personal preference). The label is nice glossy and has perfect round corners.

Overall opinion:
I'm very disappointed. This isn't something I would gladly wait almost 2 years for. The fact that the game seems unchanged also frustrates me as it's hard as balls and the game takes too many cheap shots(unavoidable deaths). For a hardcore SNES collector it's a decent pickup but for someone who doesn't care much for the system I'd just pass.

Edited: 12/25/2013 at 04:56 PM by acomicbookguyc