Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Homebrew New Game Announcement: 0-to-X! NA Edition Is Now on Sale!

May 18, 2016 at 11:01:40 PM
SoleGooseProductions (120)
(Beau ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Indiana
In the memorable words of the Beastie Boys, we're kickin' it live!

http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...

-------------------------
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Jun 4, 2016 at 3:32:00 PM
Indiana
LE auction and sale copies have shipped out, for those who live within the country. Foreign ones should be going out Monday.

The NA edition should be up for sale soon as well (purple shell!). Folks who bought the Swords and Runes NA edition will have about a week of first dibs on it, though the wait list will begin immediately for anyone else. It'll all make sense very soon.

Also, in case anyone is wondering, I do not think that there will be an RE for this game, so it will just be the LE and NA that get released. Unless there is substantial interest in a regular edition, that is. Even then, it probably would not happen for a while, a year or so, simply because there are more interesting things in the works  . Thanks for all of the support!

SoleGooseProductions.com

Jun 4, 2016 at 8:17:37 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Will be keeping an eye on the NA edition for sure. Any idea how many will be made?

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Jun 4, 2016 at 8:38:02 PM
Indiana
101, same as Swords and Runes. That number allows me to do some fun things with the release, as you'll shortly see  .

SoleGooseProductions.com

Jun 4, 2016 at 9:05:51 PM
IBtiM (10)
(Tim Hartman) < Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
Cool. Can I get on the list for the NA edition?

Part of the Retrotainment Games crew. Our new NES game Full Quiet is on Kickstarter now! Plus, our all original NES homebrews Haunted: Halloween '85 and Haunted: Halloween '86 The Curse of Possum Hollow are out now!
Check out https://www.facebook.com/Retrotai... for more info or grab the games at http://www.cashinculture.com/.... Stay Rad!

Jun 4, 2016 at 9:13:37 PM
SUBSCRIBER
neodolphino (160)
(Justin ) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania
Great news on the NA edition coming up soon!!!  

Jun 4, 2016 at 10:10:04 PM
Indiana
Originally posted by: neodolphino

Great news on the NA edition coming up soon!!!  

It's about time! All of the parts have been sitting around the house since October and the base game has been done for well over a year! Longest, 90% finished release ever (now 100%, in case anyone reads that wrong).

Originally posted by: IBtiM

Cool. Can I get on the list for the NA edition?

What will happen is that the sale will "begin" with a week or so reservation period for those who own the S&R NA, in which they can lay claim to the same number for 0-to-X. The wait list will begin at the same time, for those who just want 0-to-X, and once that time is up then the open spots will be filled. Shipments will begin a couple of days later. The goal is to ship them all the same day, so it is going to take a bit of coordination on my part, and decently quick turnaround on buyer's parts (reservation copies can be paid any time, wait list will have two days or so to ensure on time delivery). International ones may go out a couple days early, in order to try and get the game into everyone's hands on about the same day. Why? Well...

Regarding this system as a whole, as a gamer/collector/lover of homebrews I got tired of having to continually fight for the next release, staying up until 2 am, buying ones secondhand that I missed, and all that, so I thought that it would be nice to offer the option to people (idea stolen from MRN, though with a couple small changes). Purchasing 0-to-X will then put you on the list for the next NA release, due out later this year (for real this time!).

This could potentially create a situation where all of the copies are sold and spoken for ahead of time, and no one new gets to enter the fun. However, many people will not be interested in anything and everything, some members may no longer be active, some copies were sold off-forum (let me know if you bought elsewhere, including secondhand), etc. If anyone wants to jump to the front of the line and ensure a reservation for 0-to-X, I still have some copies of the S&R NA taking up space on my shelf  . The mostly up to date list of who has what and what is still available is here: http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo.... If anyone is interested, just send me a PM. As for you Tim, your partner in crime is holding a nice spot in the nineties. Not sure if you'll have to wrestle it from his grubby hands, or if he'll let it go without a fight.

That little list is also good for the SGP rewards program and yep, someone found the secret in S&R! More info, and perhaps some tantalizing images, on that coming soon.

SoleGooseProductions.com

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:02:13 PM
Indiana
Not to set your hearts a pitter patter, but I'd keep an eye on the old Sellers Forum this afternoon  .

SoleGooseProductions.com

Jul 1, 2016 at 6:32:41 PM
Mega Mario Man (58)
(Tim ) < Kraid Killer >
Nebraska
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

Not to set your hearts a pitter patter, but I'd keep an eye on the old Sellers Forum this afternoon  .

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Jul 1, 2016 at 8:29:55 PM
Indiana
Originally posted by: Mega Mario Man

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Looks like we're on West Coast time today!

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

And for those who refuse to change (like me):

http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...

SoleGooseProductions.com

Sep 28, 2016 at 7:25:12 AM
Indiana
When designing the title screen art, as I mentioned at some point, thirty or so sketches were done for it. The artist did one a night in marker for a month, and although only one could be chosen in the end, they were all pretty neat. One of them can be seen here, modeled in 3D (also by the artist): https://sketchfab.com/models/4e0f...

SoleGooseProductions.com