Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

FS: HiSpec's Sega Genesis Reproductions All new designs, full-color translated manuals, low price!

Sep 3, 2017 at 8:38:40 PM
HiSpec (11)
< Tourian Tourist >
Indiana
This started off as a personal project, but since I had to order prints in bulk I've decided to offer these reproductions for sale to the community for cheap.

15% off if you buy 4 or more!

Each CIB game is $29.99 (plus $3 shipping (USA) per order - ask for international) and includes:
  • Newly designed glossy cover insert based on the original Japanese cover (front and back) - all back cover text has been translated.
  • 16-page glossy full-color manual translated from the original Japanese, including artwork, story and character info.
  • New reproduction clamshell case nearly indistinguishable from the original Genesis cases.
  • Used, clean donor cartridge in 'good' condition with new glossy label.
I'm confident in saying that these are the best looking reproductions of these games ever made. The covers, manuals, and labels were professionally printed and look very authentic.

I'm continuing to work on future releases (it will take a while!), but for now, here's the first batch of ten games that I have available:

Alien Soldier:

Monster World IV:

Mega Man: The Wily Wars:

Battle Mania 2:

Langrisser II:

Golden Axe III:

Gley Lancer:

Rent-A-Hero:

Pulseman:

Twinkle Tale:

Here's what everything looks like in the clamshell:

And here's a sample of the manual pages:

Here are some of the cover designs. I made these from scratch based on the original Japanese covers. In most cases, I had to completely redesign the cover layout due to the different dimensions. This meant tracking down the original art when available, redesigning logos, taking new game screenshots, and so on. All back cover text was translated to English, as well.

You can see more pictures and read more about this at my site: https://genesisrepros.com/...

You can also place orders there if you want or PM me here. My site lists current inventory, so if it's in stock it will ship in a day or two. If something isn't in stock, PM me and I'll give you priority. I am constantly making more so it shouldn't take too long.

In addition, if you purchase 4 games or more I will give you 15% off.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Edited: 09/18/2017 at 01:40 PM by HiSpec

Sep 5, 2017 at 8:34:52 AM
HiSpec (11)
< Tourian Tourist >
Indiana
Bump!

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:04:42 PM
HiSpec (11)
< Tourian Tourist >
Indiana
Bump bump

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:52:48 PM
unseenforce (6)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
O man these look awesome

May have to pick some of these up...I actually don't own any repros but stuff like this that was only released on the sega channel or just not in North America are very tempting

Really wanna play pulse man and battle mania 2. Also never played the 3rd golden axe

Alien soldier is so kick ass and gley lancer rules as well

Looking good man

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:08:06 PM
DoctorNick (76)
(Nick ) < El Ripper >
Ohio
I can say that his stuff is very high quality and plays flawlessly on my Genesis 2 (with 32x). Definitely worth the money!

-------------------------
"100% agree. I'll never bargain shop for tattoos or condoms."  -thenickross 2015

Sep 17, 2017 at 10:59:12 PM
HiSpec (11)
< Tourian Tourist >
Indiana
Originally posted by: unseenforce

O man these look awesome

May have to pick some of these up...I actually don't own any repros but stuff like this that was only released on the sega channel or just not in North America are very tempting

Really wanna play pulse man and battle mania 2. Also never played the 3rd golden axe

Alien soldier is so kick ass and gley lancer rules as well

Looking good man

Thanks! Golden Axe III has actually sold more copies than any of the others so far. Its reptuation is less than stellar, but I think it's quite a nice beat em up. It does have bland backgrounds, but each character has a large move set and there are branching paths, which add a lot of replay value over the first two Golden Axe games.

Battle Mania II is one of my favorite Genesis games, though. It's a bit easy for a shoot em up, but it really is an amazing game.

Sep 18, 2017 at 11:21:36 AM
unseenforce (6)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
yeah i have trouble shooter on genesis but never played the sequel

how is pulse man? it always looked really cool

Sep 18, 2017 at 9:01:17 PM
HiSpec (11)
< Tourian Tourist >
Indiana
Pulseman is good if you like Sonic-type games. People complain about its level design, but it has really good controls and nice art and generally plays really smoothly. It's a top-tier game in my opinion.

Sep 24, 2017 at 5:09:13 PM
HiSpec (11)
< Tourian Tourist >
Indiana
Bump! Hope everybody's having a good Sunday!

Sep 26, 2017 at 8:54:54 AM
Renmauzo (8)
< Tourian Tourist >
Prince Edward Island
Bump for HiSpec. Just got my games in, and yes, they are of the greatest quality. For the first time, in decades, I got that excitement that came with getting a new game at Christmas or for a birthday, that excitement that made it an experience. HiSpec will be my only stop for Genesis repros going forward.

Sep 27, 2017 at 2:46:41 PM
unseenforce (6)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
will def be hitting you up soon enough HiSpec

Sep 27, 2017 at 4:17:11 PM
SUBSCRIBER
The Hero (410)
(Issa ) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania

Oct 7, 2017 at 6:04:19 PM
HiSpec (11)
< Tourian Tourist >
Indiana
Bump! I've got everything in stock right now.

Oct 15, 2017 at 4:01:11 PM
HiSpec (11)
< Tourian Tourist >
Indiana
Bump  

Oct 15, 2017 at 10:39:20 PM
The Age of Genesis (17)
< Crack Trooper >
Great repros, any plans to expand the lineup?

Oct 16, 2017 at 1:18:20 PM
HiSpec (11)
< Tourian Tourist >
Indiana
Yes, I'm working on another batch of 10 but it will be a while yet. It takes a while to translate the manuals and put them all together.

I'm always open to recommendations for what you'd like to see next.

Oct 20, 2017 at 4:37:12 AM
Thunderblaze16 (76)
(Piero ) < King Solomon >
Florida
Yeah...probably the best quality repro I've ever purchased, it really feels like an official released genesis title. There's not even region lock to this, my NTSC model 1 boots to the game right away, amazing! Smooth/simple transaction too. Can you believe that this is only the 2nd repro I ever bought? Actual have a reason for this.

Kinda of pisses me now too that a few years back, I went and got what at the time looked like the only decent repro of Alien Soldier available from a site called GAMES5YA.
http://www.game5ya.com/product_in...

After over 3 weeks later since I purchased it from their site. Once I received my repro copy, my hype took a 180 real quick,

-For one, it was the PAL rom, my regular NTSC model 1 genesis couldn't play it due to pal region lock *honestly defeating the purpose of making an NTSC repro of it* Thanks for not pointing that out in the description GAME5YA.
-Black & white manual *inside pages* with the pages too just popping up.
-Insert Cover art felt like a cheap, print, office paper one can do at home themselves.
-Cartridge itself was super glued to prevent from opening.
-Cartridge was pretty beat up with scratches and wear around it.
-Insert cover art came in those big EA cases, so you couldn't just swap the insert to a normal size genesis game without cutting the sides a bit.

The the cherry on top of all this was after noticing the heavy wear on the cart and them using the region locked PAL rom. I emailed them asking if I could return my cartridge for one in better condition + have it with the JAP rom instead. They agreed to my request, gave me an address to ship it back to and never heard from them again...
Never got my cartridge replacement or the one I sent back, sent multiple messages asking if they ever received my package. They just stop replying. NEVER buying from them again.

So seriously, thanks again for making these.

***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***

Edited: 10/20/2017 at 04:40 AM by Thunderblaze16

Oct 20, 2017 at 2:01:28 PM
HiSpec (11)
< Tourian Tourist >
Indiana
Originally posted by: Thunderblaze16

it really feels like an official released genesis title.

Thanks! That's exactly what I was going for in making these.

I do, of course, remove any region locking on all of the ROMs I use (it's kind of crazy that somebody would sell a region-locked repro!).

Generally, a lot of the repros I've come across have covers/manuals that seem to be home-printed on either color laser or inkjet printers. Both of these are not good for various reasons, but one big one is that it's really difficult or impossible to find magazine-like thin glossy coated paper for home printers. That's the kind of paper that was used for the original Genesis covers. To get that kind of paper you really have to have it professionally printed. I tried out various paper coatings and weights before I went with what I'm using now for the covers and manuals.

Oct 26, 2017 at 4:17:44 PM
unseenforce (6)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
Just popping in to say how professionally done these are. Some of these titles can't really be experienced elsewhere due to being sega channel exclusives or just not having an official release in our region which is one of the main reasons these interested me. That being said these are my first reproductions and this is how it should be done

I highly recommend checking out this mans work. I'll definitely be grabbing some more of these, seriously top notch stuff.

Thanks again!

Oct 27, 2017 at 8:57:34 PM
HiSpec (11)
< Tourian Tourist >
Indiana
Thank you sir!  

Nov 4, 2017 at 2:16:38 PM
HiSpec (11)
< Tourian Tourist >
Indiana
Bump!

Nov 18, 2017 at 1:25:41 PM
HiSpec (11)
< Tourian Tourist >
Indiana
Bump!

Nov 18, 2017 at 2:31:38 PM
The Age of Genesis (17)
< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: HiSpec

Yes, I'm working on another batch of 10 but it will be a while yet. It takes a while to translate the manuals and put them all together.

Panorama Cotton and Eliminate Down are my recommendations. Probably pretty obvious recommendations.

Nov 18, 2017 at 3:31:48 PM
Thunderblaze16 (76)
(Piero ) < King Solomon >
Florida
For me it would be

-Slap Fight
-Yu Yu Hakusho: Makyo Toitsusen
-FLINK (the sega mega drive version, only released in Europe)
-Body Count (one the better games for your Menacer)
-PINGO (fun bomberman clone)

Last but not least, Snow Brothers. A game that was super rare, even back in 2009 and super rare today.

***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***

Edited: 11/18/2017 at 03:33 PM by Thunderblaze16

Nov 19, 2017 at 10:56:14 AM
HiSpec (11)
< Tourian Tourist >
Indiana
Originally posted by: The Age of Genesis

Originally posted by: HiSpec

Panorama Cotton and Eliminate Down are my recommendations. Probably pretty obvious recommendations.
Yeah, I'm definitely releasing Eliminate Down next - I've already got it all done, just waiting to print with the other stuff I'm working on. I'd like to do Panorama Cotton, but there is no ROM translation for this. It has a few cutscenes in Japanese. I'm thinking of translating them in the manual or something, since I hate the idea of people having no clue what's going on (for those who care about story).

Originally posted by: Thunderblaze16

For me it would be

-Slap Fight
-Yu Yu Hakusho: Makyo Toitsusen
-FLINK (the sega mega drive version, only released in Europe)
-Body Count (one the better games for your Menacer)
-PINGO (fun bomberman clone)

Last but not least, Snow Brothers. A game that was super rare, even back in 2009 and super rare today.
I'll release Yu Yu Hakusho: Makyo Toitsusen next as well, and I'm thinking about Slap Fight MD. Snow Bros. is an interesting suggestion but I'm not sure if there's much demand for it. I'll eventually do it, though.